n.扇子,鼓风机,风扇,迷,狂热者,爱好者 vt.煽动,刺激,扇,吹拂 vi.飘动,成扇形散开
动词过去式:fanned 过去分词:fanned 现在分词:fanning 第三人称单数:fans
n =>illus 见插图.
1 (a) object, often shaped like a semicircle, held in the hand and waved to create a current of cool air 扇子.
(b) thing spread or shaped like a fan, eg the tail of a peacock 扇状物（如孔雀开屏状）.
2 device with rotating blades, operated mechanically to create a current of cool air 电扇
*It's so hot please turn the fan on. 这么热--请把电扇打开.
1 [Tn] make a current of air blow onto (sb/sth) with or as if with a fan （某人[某物]）
*cool one's face by fanning it with a newspaper 用报纸 风使脸凉快
* fan a fire, ie to make it burn more strongly 火.
2 [Tn] blow gently on (sb/sth) 徐徐吹在（某人[某物]ﺀ上
*The breeze fanned our faces. 微风轻轻吹在我们的脸上.
3 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (out) spread (esp playing-cards) in the form of a fan 展成扇形（尤指纸牌）
*He fanned (out) the cards in his hand before playing. 他出牌前先把纸牌在手里展成扇形.
4 (idm 习语) fan the flames (of sth) make (emotions, etc) stronger or (activity) more intense 煽动（情绪等）; 使（行动）更为激烈
*Her wild behaviour merely fanned the flames of his jealousy. 她那放肆的举动把他的妒火完全煽起.
5 (phr v) fan out (esp of soldiers) spread out from a central point （尤指士兵）作扇形散开
*The troops fanned out as they advanced. 部队向前推进时呈扇形散开.
n enthusiastic admirer or supporter of sth/sb 迷（某人[某事物]的热情崇拜者或拥护者）
*football, jazz, cinema fans 足球迷、爵士乐迷、影迷.
1. The elephant is not like a wall, or a spear, or a snake, or a tree; neither is he like a fan. 大象既不像高墙、长矛、蛇、大树，也不像扇子，
2. The first flush toilet (抽水马桶), the first radio, the first hat with a fan. 第一个抽水马桶，第一部收音机，第一顶装有扇子的帽子。
3. He was a knowledgeable baseball fan and often took me to Ebbets Field to see the Brooklyn Dodgers play. 他是一个见多识广的棒球迷，常常带着我到埃贝茨球场观看布鲁克林道奇队队员的比赛。
4. An electric fan keeps the air in circulation. 电扇使空气流通。
5. "He is exactly like a huge fan." 它实在就像一把巨大的扇子。”
6. It´s so hot please turn the fan on. 这么热--请把电扇打开.
7. I found myself suspended in the middle of the air — held up by a 130-kilometer-an-hour blast of wind coming from an industrial-strength fan in the bottom of the tower. 我发现自己悬在了空中--高塔底部一架工业用强力风扇吹出时速达130公里的风柱将我拖起。
8. I struggled uselessly to respond to the instructions of my coach, who was shouting above the roar of the fan to tell me how to ride the wind funnel up and down, left and right, by bending various limbs. 教练的喊声盖过风扇的轰鸣，告诉我如何屈折各肢体来乘着风柱上下左右地飘动，我照着他说的毫无结果地折腾了一番。