adj having a strong effect on sb, esp through size, grandeur, or importance 给人以深刻印象的（尤指因巨大、壮观或重要）
*an impressive ceremony, building, speech, performance 令人难忘的仪式、建筑、讲话、演出
* His collection of paintings is most impressive. 他的绘画收藏令人叹为观止.
something that is impressive makes you admire it because it is very good, large, important etc
Among the guests was an impressive array of authors and critics.
the remains of an impressive Roman villa
The latest version has an impressively user-friendly interface.
1. The journalists' results here were not so impressive. 记者们在这一阶段的表现不太出色。
2. He has a very impressive manner. 他的态度予人以深刻的印象。
3. She serves as an impressive reminder of the great ships of the past. 它给人们留下深刻的印象，使人们回忆起历史上的巨型帆船，
4. Several evenings later, she came up to me at a party, pressing for an introduction to a very impressive man; they'd been exchanging glances all evening. 可就在几天后的一个晚间聚会上，她走到我身边，催逼着我把她介绍给一个给人以深刻印象的男人；他们俩人整个晚上都在互送秋波。
5. Few things could be more impressive than the peace that descends on deserted city streets at weekends 周末，空旷的街市笼罩着一种宁静气氛，没有什么能比此时的宁静更令人难忘了。