1 [C, U] substance that flows freely but is not a gas, eg water or oil 液体
*Air is a fluid but not a liquid, while water is both a fluid and a liquid. 空气是流体不是液体, 水是流体也是液体.
* If you add too much liquid the mixture will not be thick enough. 加入的液体太多, 混合液的浓度就不够.
2 [C] (phonetics 语音) either of the consonants / r/ or / l/ 流音（即 /r/或 /l/）.
adj [usu attrib 通常作定语]
1 in the form of a liquid; not gaseous or solid 液体的; 液态的; 流质的
*liquid food/nourishment, ie easily swallowed, eg by sick people 流质食物[营养品]
* (joc 谑) a liquid lunch, ie beer, etc rather than food 液体午餐（啤酒等）.
2 clear and clean, like water 清澈的; 晶莹的
*eyes of liquid blue 蓝莹莹的眼睛.
3 (of sounds) clear, pure and flowing （指声音）清脆的, 纯正的, 流畅的
*the liquid song of a blackbird 黑鹂清脆的叫声.
4 (finance 财) easily converted into cash 易转换成现款的
*one's liquid assets 流动资产.
1. The Moon is likely to become the industrial hub of the Solar System, supplying the rocket fuels for its ships, easily obtainable from the lunar rocks in the form of liquid oxygen. 月球很可能成为太阳系的工业中心。从月球上的岩石中很容易提炼出液态氧，作为航天飞船的燃料。
2. This time she does manage to swallow some liquid and weakly says, "Thank, you." 这次她终于咽了一些，并轻轻说了声："谢谢，你。"
3. He dips his forefinger into the liquid. 他将食指浸到液体里。
4. He noticed that a river of liquid rock was coming towards him. 他发现有一股岩浆正向他流过来，
5. Air is a fluid but not a liquid, while water is both a fluid and a liquid. 空气是流体不是液体, 水是流体也是液体.
6. Vapour can be changed into liquid by cooling. 蒸气可以通过冷却变成液体。