1 (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) woman servant 女仆; 侍女
*We have a maid to do the housework. 我们有个女仆干家务活儿.
* a `dairy-maid, `housemaid, `nursemaid, etc 奶场女工、女仆、保姆.
2 (arch 古) young unmarried woman; girl 未婚的年轻女子; 姑娘
*love between a man and a maid 一男子与一年轻姑娘的爱情.
a female servant, especially in a large house or hotel a kitchen maidold use
a woman or girl who is not married
1. They dismissed their maid, they gave up their apartment, they took a garret under the roof. 他们打发掉了女仆，放弃了房子，住到了屋顶下面的阁楼里。
2. She was a maid of all work. 她是个什么活儿都干的女仆。
3. "For shame!" cried the maid. “真不像话！”侍女说,
4. It so happened that Bassanio´s servant Gratiano had fallen in love with Portia´s maid Nerissa. 碰巧巴萨尼奥的仆人葛莱西安诺爱上了鲍西的侍女尼莎莉，
5. I eat only kosher food prepared by my maid. For health´s sake,I suggest you never eat in the night market. 我只是吃女佣烹调和干净的食物, 为了健康的缘故,我建议你永远不要在夜市吃.
6. It so happened that Bassanio´s servant Gratiano had fallen in love with Portia´s maid Nerissa. 碰巧巴萨尼奥的仆人葛莱西安诺爱上了鲍西的侍女尼莎莉，