n.Ann 的昵称 n.<英>保姆
1 child's nurse （儿童的）保姆.
2 (infml 口) grandmother 奶奶; 姥姥.
From the female name Ann]
a woman whose job is to take care of the children in a family, usually in the family's own home She found a job as a nanny with a wealthy Italian family.BrE informal
grandmother - used by children
= nanthe nanny stateespecially BrE
a government which tries to control the lives of its citizens too much
1. Before I knew it, though, I slipped into the nanny position almost full time. 然而不知不觉中，我几乎当起了全职保姆。
2. Women are soldiers, truck drivers, and construction workers. Why can't a man be a nanny? 女人可以当兵，可以做卡车司机，可以当建筑工人，为什么男人不能当保姆呢？
3. She keeps pushing her baby. “A male nanny,” she says. “How unique.” 她还在摇晃她的孩子。"一个男保姆，" 她说，"多特别！"
4. “Don't you pay your nanny that way?” "你不是给你保姆这么付工钱的吗？
5. “No,” I tell them. “I AM the nanny.” "不，"我告诉她们。"我就是个保姆。"
6. I want to tell her that I'm Sam's nanny, but I don't because I'm a guy — a “nanny”, you might say. 我想告诉她我是山姆的保姆，可我没开口，因为我是个男的——你可以说，一个男保姆。
7. I'm his nanny.” 我是他的保姆。"
8. I start to tell her that I'm his nanny, but then I remember what Ann just said. 我刚要告诉她我是他的保姆时，突然想起安刚才说的话。