adv now and then; at times 偶然地; 不时地; 有时
*He visits me occasionally. 他偶尔来看我.
sometimes, but not regularly and not often Occasionally Alice would look up from her books. We only see each other very occasionally (=rarely) .
1. He may hunt, beg, or steal occasionally to keep himself alive; 为了生存，他可能会去打猎、乞讨，偶尔偷上一两回；
2. He explained that his diet was so strict that he had to reward himself occasionally. 他解释说，他的饮食控制得太严格了，以致不得不偶尔奖赏自己一下。
3. Smoking is a form of self-battering that also batters those who must sit by, occasionally joke or complain, and helplessly watch. 抽烟是一种自我毁灭，而且也毁灭着那些不得不坐在你身边的人。那些人偶尔也会取笑或抱怨抽烟，可常常只能无可奈何地坐在一边看。
4. My shoulder hurt wickedly each time I put another full barrel on it, and my legs occasionally trembled as I was heading to the street. But the rest of me said, "Go, trashman, go." 每次我将满满的一桶垃圾扛上肩，肩膀就痛得厉害，有时侯扛着垃圾朝街上走，腿都打颤，可我心里却对自己说：“挺住，垃圾工，要挺住啊。”
5. Occasionally I try to write poems. 我偶尔也试着写几首诗。
6. Occasionally, unusual creatures are washed to the shore, but they are rarely caught out at sea. 一些异常的生物偶尔会被冲到岸上来，但它们在海上却极少能被捕到。
7. Occasionally the master beat the table with the heavy ruler as he cried, "Silence, please, silence!" 有时，老师还用大戒尺拍打讲桌，喊道：“安静点，请安静点！”
8. Occasionally, the nurse urged the Marine to rest for a while. He refused. 护士偶尔会过来劝海军陆战队队员休息一会儿，但他都拒绝了。
9. Occasionally, usually around their anniversary, they would bring up the old curiosity regarding Aunt Esther Gubbins. 有时候，通常是在他们的结婚纪念日，他们会重温对埃丝特·格宾斯阿姨的好奇心。
10. Occasionally, I got a direct reply from someone who looked me in the eye, smiled, and asked "How are you?" or "Isn't this a nice day?" 有时候，有人也会看着我，微微一笑，并很快也对我说一声“你好！”，或者“今天天气真好。”