(a) rate of occurrence or repetition of sth, usu measured over a particular period of time （某事发生或重复的）频率
*Fatal accidents have decreased in frequency over recent years. 近年来死亡事故发生的频率已经下降.
* the alarming frequency of computer errors 计算机差错惊人的频密.
(b) fact of being frequent or happening often 屡次; 频繁
*the frequency of premature births in this region 该地区早产情况的频繁.
2 [C, U] rate at which a sound wave or radio wave vibrates; band or group of similar frequencies （声波或无线电波的）振动频率; 波段:high-/low-frequency sounds 高[低]频的声音
* a musical note with a frequency of
256 vibrations per second 振动频率为每秒256次的音调
* In the evening this station changes frequency and broadcasts on another band. 该电台晚上改变频率, 在另一波段播音.
the number of times that something happens within a particular period of time or within a particular group of peoplefrequency of the frequency of serious road accidentsthe high/low frequency (of sth) the higher frequency of diabetes in older people Side effects from prescribed drugs are being reported with increasing frequency (=more and more often) . The relative frequency of fraternal twins has halved since 1950.[U]
the fact that something happens a lot
= regularity Businesses come and go with alarming frequency . [U and C]technical
the number of radio waves, sound waves etc that pass any point per second This station broadcasts on three different frequencies.high/low frequency Dolphins produce a high frequency sound. the frequency range of the human ear
1. For they came and went with such frequency that I never even got a chance to learn their names. 因为他们来匆匆，所以我甚至都没有机会知道他们的姓名。
2. What´s the frequency of this broadcast? 这广播的频率是多少?
3. This depends on the precise radio- frequency of the 21- cm wavelength, or 1420 megacycles per second . 这种方法依靠21厘米波长或每秒1420兆周的精确无线电频率。
4. This depends on the precise radio- frequency of the 21- cm wavelength, or 1420 megacycles per second . 这种方法依靠21厘米波长或每秒1420兆周的精确无线电频率。
5. This depends on the precise radio frequency of the 21-cm wavelength, or 1420 megacycles per second. 这种通迅联系要靠21厘料波段，即每秒1420兆周的精确无线电频率。
6. The realization hit me that I can expect this kind of personal contact with death to occur with greater and greater frequency. 我顿时意识到我与死亡的接触会越来越频繁。
7. — Whether because of abandonment, separation, divorce or death of a spouse, marriages are dissolving with increasing frequency. ——不论是因为被遗弃、分居、离婚，还是因为配偶死亡，婚姻解体的频率都在上升。
8. Once the existence of this wave-length had been discovered, it was not long before its use as the uniquely recognizable broadcasting frequency for interstellar communication was suggested. 一旦这种波长的实际存在被发现，提出把它作为星际间唯一可辨认的广播频率就为期不远了。
9. I am interested in audio frequency amplifier. 我对音频放大器感兴趣。
10. It is the natural frequency of emission of the hydrogen atoms in space . 这是空间氢原子“释放”的自然频率.