1 [U] mass of salt water that covers most of the earth's surface 洋; 海洋; 大海
*[attrib 作定语] an ocean voyage 海洋航行
* the ocean waves 海浪.
2 Ocean [C] one of the main areas into which this is divided （地球上划分出的）洋
*the Atlantic/Pacific/Indian/Arctic/Antarctic Ocean 大西洋[太平洋/印度洋/北冰洋/南冰洋].
3 (idm 习语) a drop in the bucket/ocean => drop1. oceans of sth (infml 口) very many or much; lots of sth 很多; 大量
*oceans of food and drink 大量的食物和饮料
* Don't worry we've got oceans of time. 别担心--我们有的是时间.
1200-1300; Language: Latin;Origin:
oceanus, from Greek
Okeanos name of a river believed to flow around the world]the oceanespecially AmE
the great mass of salt water that covers most of the Earth's surface
= the sea She stood on the beach, gazing at the ocean. I like to swim in the ocean when it's warm enough.[C]
one of the very large areas of sea on the Earth's surface the Pacific Oceanoceans of sthinformal
a lot of something, especially a liquid oceans of champagne
→a drop in the oceanatdrop2
1. Waves are the children of the struggle between ocean and atmosphere, the ongoing signatures of infinity. 海浪是大海和空气相斗的产物，无限的一种不间断的标志。
2. The Arctic Ocean is considered by some to be a northern part of the Atlantic Ocean. 有人认为北冰洋是大西洋北边的一个部分.
3. The Atlantic is a mighty ocean. 大西洋是个浩瀚的海洋。
4. The man wanted to fly to Rockall, a lonely island in the pacific Ocean. 这商人要求飞到罗卡尔―太平洋中的一个孤岛上。
5. The continents form rugged tablelands which stand nearly three miles above the floor of the open ocean. 大陆构成了崎岖不平的高地, 这些高地几乎高出广阔的海洋的洋底3英里.
6. The continents form rugged tablelands which stand nearly three miles above the floor of the open ocean. 大陆是崎岖不平的高地，高出辽阔的海洋海底近三英里。
7. This continental slope usually starts at a place somewhere near the 100-fathom mark and in the course of a few hundred miles reaches the true ocean floor at 2,500-3,500 fathoms. 大陆架慢坡一般是从差不多100英寻水深的地方开始的，一直延伸到几百英里远深达2，500至3，500的地方，那里才是真正的海底。
8. These ocean waves are among the earth´s most complicated natural phenomena, 这些海浪属于地球上最复杂的自然现象。
9. The first of the two ships to reach Java after the race had begun was the Thermopylae, but on the Indian Ocean, the Cutty Sark took lead. 比赛开始后，"赛姆皮雷"号率先抵达爪哇岛。但在印度洋上，"卡萨萨克"号驶到了前面。
10. The man wanted to fly to Rockall, a lonely island in the Atlantic Ocean, but Captain Fawcett did not take him because the trip was too dangerous. 这个人想要飞往大西洋上的一个孤岛 -- 罗卡尔岛，弗西特机长之所以不送他去，是因为那段飞行太危险了。