1. Who´s on duty today? 今天谁值日?
2. When work is a pleasure , life is joy ! When work is duty , life is slavery .(Maxim Gorky , Russian writer ) 工作是一种乐趣时，生活是一种享受！工作是一种义务时，生活则是一种苦役。(俄国作家 高尔基. M.)
3. When their father died, they thought it their duty to keep Eric in hiding. 父亲死后，他们兄弟俩认为有责任继续把埃里克藏起来。
4. When he asked if Mr. Lane lived there, the policeman on duty told him that since his defeat, the ex-Prime Minister had gone abroad. 当他询问莱恩先生是否住在那里时，值班的警察告诉他这位前首相落选后出国去了。
5. Is it then not the duty of educational institutions to prepare the way for that revelation? 那么为这种领悟扫清障碍是否是教育机构的责任呢？
6. The rule is that someone must be on duty at all times. 按照规定, 任何时候均需有人值班.
7. The squadron is ready for duty. 这中队正准备值勤.
8. The Mormons believe that it is a woman's duty to marry at a young age and raise as many children as possible. 摩门教的教徒认为：女人的职责就是在年青的时候结婚，尽量多养育孩子。
9. He asked sarcastically. ´You should have declared that. Perfume is not exempt from import duty.´ 他带着讥讽的口吻问道,"你该申报一下,香水是不免税的."
10. Do your duty 做做好事