1 (fml 文) of or affecting an organ or organs of the body 器官的; 器质性的
*The illness is organic in origin. 该病起初是器质性疾患.
* organic diseases, disorders, etc 器官疾病、器官功能紊乱.
2 [esp attrib 尤作定语] of, found in, or formed by living things 生物的; 有机体的; 有机物的
*organic substances, compounds, matter, etc 有机物质、有机化合物、有机物
* rich organic soil 肥沃的有机质土壤. Cf 参看 inorganic.
3 [esp attrib 尤作定语] (of food, farmingmethods, etc) produced or practised without artificial fertilizers or pesticides （指食物、耕作法等）施用有机肥料或有机农药的
*organic vegetables 施有机肥料的蔬菜
* organic horticulture 有机物施用园艺学.
4 (fml 文) made of related parts; arranged as a system 有机的;建制的; 有组织的; 有系统的
*an organic part of our business 我公司的一个组成部分.
1【farming】2【development】3【living things】4【part of something】5【body organs】
relating to farming or gardening methods of growing food without using artificial chemicals, or produced or grown by these methods Organic farming is better for the environment. organic gardeningorganic food/vegetables/milk etc The shop sells organic food. organic wine【DEVELOPMENT】
change or development which is organic happens in a natural way, without anyone planning it or forcing it to happen The company's path to success was by means of organic growth.【LIVING THINGS】
living, or produced by or from living things
≠ inorganic Adding organic matter such as manure can improve the soil. Bacteria act on organic waste .【PART OF SOMETHING】a)
an organic system or relationship is one in which the parts or people fit well and in a comfortable way with each other an organic relationship between the individual and his community They believe in the organic unity of the universe.【BODY ORGANS】
relating to the organs of the body organic diseases>organically
1. This organic process, often leading to moments of extraordinary self-discovery, is of an indescribable fascination. 这种有机的加工过程往往达到不寻常自我发现的境界，具有难以言表的构思魅力。
2. The likely next step is agreement from the Government to test pepper spray, an organic substance derived from peppers which disables an attacker if sprayed in his face. 下一步可能的做法是政府同意试验胡椒喷雾剂，一种从胡椒中提取的有机物质。如果喷在脸上，它能使袭击者丧失行动能力。
3. It is an organic disease. 这是器官性疾病。