1 having a sharp tip, end, etc 有尖的; 尖的
*a (sharp-)pointed instrument, tool, etc 尖（锐）的器具、工具等
* a pointed hat 尖帽子.
2 (fig 比喻) directed clearly against a particular person or his behaviour 针对某人或其行为的; 直截了当的
*a pointed remark, rebuke, etc 直言不讳的评论、指责等
* She made some pointed references to his careless work. 她明确指出他工作粗心大意.
3 (fig 比喻) (of wit) incisive （指头脑）敏锐的. pointedly adv in a way that indicates criticism of a particular person or that suggests one's meaning clearly 有针对性地; 尖锐地; 有用意地; 直截了当地
*She stared pointedly at me. 她严厉地瞪着我.
* He looked pointedly at the door, eg indicating that I should open it, close it, leave, etc. 他有用意地看着门（如示意我应开开、关上、离去等）.
adj [usually before noun]
having a point at the end
a pointed beard
a pointed question/look/remark
a direct question, look etc that deliberately shows that you are annoyed, bored, or disapprove of something
a pointed remark about my being late
1. Whenever we answered incorrectly, she pointed a long stick at us and, shaking it up and down, shouted, "No! No! No!" 每当有谁回答错了，她会用长教鞭指着我们，上下挥舞着，大喊道：“错！错！错！”
2. They pointed to the empty looms and asked him if he liked the design and the colors. 他们指着空荡荡的织布机,问他是否喜欢布料的花纹色彩.
3. These movements are controlled by the trainer with the metal-pointed stick, 训练员要用有锋利金属尖的长棒控制它的这种举动，
4. This time he pointed to the lake. 这次他用手指了一下那个湖。
5. Keeping his body twisted so that his gun still pointed at the fat man and his guest, Max grasped the window frame and heaved his other leg up and over the bottom of the window. 马克斯扭曲着身体，以便把枪仍旧对着胖子和他的客人，同时他抓住窗框，将另一只脚迈过窗口。
6. He has pointed out that the tree is a useful source of income, as tourists have been coming from all parts of the country to see it. 他指出，由于人们从全国各地纷纷前来参观这棵树，它成了一个有用的财源。
7. His eyes twinkled beneath his bushy brows when he heard some bright sally or pointed retort. 每当听到某些不同凡响的警句或一针见血的反驳，他那浓眉下的双眼便炯炯发光。
8. He smiled at everyone and rushed in and out the sorry little homes with grace, making sympathetic remarks at the disrepair that was pointed out to him. 他向每个人报以微笑，很有风度地出入于那些又小又破的住房。有人向他指出失修之处，他都要讲几句同情的话。
9. He pointed me to a chair. 他示意我坐到一张椅子上。
10. At this, the police pointed out ironically that this would hardly be necessary as the men were already under arrest. 警察听了这句话，讽刺地指出，这大可不必，因为这两名工人已被拘留了。