1 (a) male member of a royal family who is not the king, esp (in Britain) a son or grandson of the sovereign 君王家族（除国王外）的男性成员; （在英国尤指）王子, 王孙
*the Prince of Wales, ie (in Britain, the title often given to the) heir to the throne 威尔士王储（英国常授予王位继承人的封号）.
(b) hereditary royal ruler, esp of a small state 世袭的王室统治者（尤指小国的）
*Prince Rainier of Monaco 摩纳哥国王雷尼尔.
(c) (in some countries) nobleman （某些国家的）贵族.
2 (fig 比喻) excellent or outstanding man in a particular field 某领域中的优秀的或杰出的人物
*Bocuse, a prince among chefs 博卡斯, 厨师中的佼佼者.
1100-1200; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin
, from primus ( PRIME1
) + capere 'to take'
the son of a king, queen, or prince
→princess Prince William
a male ruler of a small country or state Prince Rainier of Monacothe prince of sth/a prince among sthliterary
the man who is best at something the prince of sculptors
1. But before he smoked cigarettes made by manufacturers -- when he was very young and very poor, with glowing eyes -- he smoked Prince Albert tobacco in cigarettes he rolled himself. 但是在他开始抽机制卷烟之前——那时他很年轻、也很穷，但眼睛炯炯有神——他抽的是用阿尔伯特亲王牌烟丝自己手工卷制的香烟。
2. There came the Prince and his attendants. 王子和他的随从人员过来了。
3. The prince fell in love with a fair young maiden. 王子爱上了一个美貌的少女。
4. The prince decided to take action. 王子决定采取行动。
5. The prince renounced his right to the throne . 王子放弃王位继承权。
6. He never looked as fashionable as Prince Albert, though; he continued to look like a poor, overweight, hard working colored man with too large a family, black, with a very white cigarette stuck in his mouth. 然而我父亲看上去从来就没有像阿尔伯特亲王那样时髦。他还是一个贫穷、过于肥胖、为养活一大家人而拼命干活的男人。他浑身漆黑，嘴里却总叼着一支雪白的香烟。
7. Princess is the wife of a prince. 王妃是王子的妻子.
8. Many eyebrows were raised at the news of the prince´s suicide. 王子自杀的消息让众人都很吃惊。
9. I remember the bright-red tobacco tin, with a picture of Queen Victoria's partner, Prince Albert, dressed in a black dress coat and carrying a cane. 我还记得那鲜红的烟丝罐头，上面有一张维多利亚女王的丈夫阿尔伯特亲王身穿黑色燕尾服、手拿一支手杖的图片。