1 student who has been awarded money after a competitive exam, etc, to be used to finance his education 获奖学金的学生
*a British Council scholar 获英国文化协会奖学金的学生.
2 person who studies an academic subject deeply 学者
*a Greek, classical, history scholar 研究希腊问题的、研究古典著作的、研究历史的学者.
[Date: 1000-1100; Language: Medieval Latin;Origin: scholaris, from Late Latin, 'of a school', from Latin schola; SCHOOL1]
an intelligent and well-educated person
the great Dutch scholar Erasmus
someone who knows a lot about a particular subject, especially one that is not a science subject
a Shakespearean scholar
someone who has been given a scholarship to study at a school or college
He was a King's scholar at Eton College.
1. To get to know the heart that beat within Marx the scholar, you had to see him when he had closed his books and was surrounded by his family, or on Sunday evenings in the society of his friends. 要了解马克思这位学者的性情，你还得看看在合上书本之后他和家人在一起的时候，或者星期天晚上他和朋友在一起的情况。
2. He is a scholar of the highest attainment. 他是个造诣极高的学者。
3. My former roommate was a saturnine scholar who said very little and smiled rarely. 我前一位室友是一位沉默的学者，他很少说话也很少笑。
4. I want to be a famous scholar. 我想当一名出色的学者.
5. I consulted Dr. Jan Vansina, a Belgian scholar of African languages. 我咨询了扬·范西纳，一位比利时的非洲语言学家。