名词:shallowness 副词:shallowly 形容词比较级:shallower 最高级:shallowest 动词过去式:shallowed 过去分词:shallowed 现在分词:shallowing 第三人称单数:shallows
adj (-er, -est)
1 not deep 浅的
*shallow water 浅水
* a shallow saucer, dish, bowl, etc 浅的茶托、碟子、盆等
* the shallow end, eg of a swimming-pool 水浅的一端（如游泳池的）
* shallow breathing 浅呼吸.
2 (derog 贬) (of a person) not thinking or capable of thinking seriously; (of ideas, remarks, etc) not showing serious thought （指人）肤浅的, 浅薄的; （指思想言语等）肤浅的, 浅显的
*a shallow writer, argument, conversation, book 浅薄的作家、议论、交谈、书. Cf 参看 deep1.
v [I] become shallow 变浅.
measuring only a short distance from the top to the bottom
≠ deep a shallow river The lake is quite shallow. the shallow end of the pool Place the meat in a shallow dish.
not interested in or not showing any understanding of important or serious matters - used to show disapproval a shallow argument If he's only interested in your looks, that shows how shallow he is.shallow breathing
breathing that takes in only small amounts of air
≠ deep>shallowlyadv He lay there unconscious, breathing shallowly .>shallownessn[U]
1. Without warning, her shallow breathing stops, and within a few moments, the faint pulse is also gone. 没有一点先兆，她那细弱的呼吸就停止了。几秒钟后，微弱的脉搏也消失了。
2. We were equally annoyed that all of what we heard was so superficial, and based on such a shallow understanding of today's true environmental problems. 同样让我们懊恼的是，我们听到的一切都相当肤浅，对当今真正环境问题的理解也很浅薄。
3. The irregularities in depth of the shallow water close to the land bring danger to trip. 靠近陆地的浅水区深浅不一给航行带来了危险.
4. The river is shallow here; we can walk across. 这里河水很浅，我们可以趟过去。
5. They had to edge their way along this, sometimes wading across shallow streams, or swimming across deep pools. 来到一条狭窄的走廊上。他们不得不侧着身子往前走，有时过浅溪，有时游过深潭。
6. Oceania is a separate landmass, but it is separated from Asia by very shallow water. 大洋洲是一块单独的陆地, 但它与亚洲之间只隔着很浅的水域.
7. Our knowledge of the oceans a hundred years ago was confined to the two-dimensional shape of the sea surface and the hazards of navigation presented by the irregularities in depth of the shallow water close to the land. 100年前，我们只知道海洋是二维平面形的，以及靠近陆地浅水区的深浅不一能给航行带来危险。
8. Our next obstacle was a shallow pool of water about half a mile across. 下一个障碍是一片约半英里宽的浅水塘。