adv alone; only 唯一地; 单独地; 只; 仅
*solely responsible 单独负责的
* solely because of you 仅仅由于你的缘故
not involving anything or anyone else
= only Scholarships are given solely on the basis of financial need. I shall hold you solely responsible for anything that goes wrong.
1. What is more, they will not have to rely solely on the written word. 更有甚者，他们将不单凭据文字。
2. What is more, they will not have to rely solely on the written word. 更有甚者，他们将不单凭据文字。
3. What is more, they will not have to rely solely on the written word. 而且，也不必完全依赖文字材料。
4. Nor is DMV data used solely for matters related to driving. DMV的数据也并非仅用于与开车有关的事情。
5. He was actuated solely by greed. 他完全是受了贪欲的驱使.
6. Moreover, less than 10% of female high-school seniors expect to spend their adult lives solely as mothers and domestic managers, while nearly 90% are committed to having both a career and a marriage based on equality. 此外只有不到10%的女高中生期望着将来以仅仅是母亲和女当家人的身份来度过她们的成年生活，而差不多占90%的女生则决心既要有一份职业，又要有一个以男女平等为基础的婚姻。