1 [usu attrib 通常作定语] of or involving the mechanical arts and applied sciences 技术的; 应用科学的
*a technical school 技术学校
* a technical education 技术教育.
2 [usu attrib 通常作定语] of a particular subject, art or craft, or itstechniques 专科的; 艺术的; 工艺的; 技艺的; 技巧的
*thetechnical terms of chemistry 化学专业术语
* the technical difficulties of colour printing 彩色印刷的技术难题
* a musician with great technical skill but not much feeling 技巧 熟但缺少情感的音乐家.
3 (of a book, etc) requiring specialized knowledge; using technical terms （指书等）要求有专门知识的, 使用术语的, 专业的
*The article is rather technical in places. 这篇论文中有些地方相当专业化.
4 [attrib 作定语] in a strict legal sense 严格按法律意义的
*technical assault 法律上成立的人身攻击.
2 technical problem/hitch
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: Greek;Origin: technikos 'of art, skillful', from techne 'art, skill']
connected with knowledge of how machines work
Our staff will be available to give you technical support .
I have no technical knowledge at all.
a problem involving the way a machine or system works
We've been having some technical problems with the new hardware.
technical language is language that is difficult for most people to understand because it is connected with one particular subject or used in one particular job
I didn't understand all the technical terms .
relating to small exact details or rules that say how a system should work
He called for the legislation to be delayed on a technical point.
This is a technical violation of the treaty.
technical ability is the ability to do the difficult things that you have to do in order to play music, do a sport etc
a young player with a lot of technical ability
1. Everyone of us is active in technical innovation. 我们每个人都积极参加技术革新。
2. When a non-star encountered a technical problem, Kelley observed, "he called various technical experts and then waited, wasting time while his calls went unreturned. 凯利评论说，一个成就平平的人碰到技术问题时，"他向各位技术专家求助，然后就等待着。求助无果，他的时间就这么浪费了。
3. Technical problems are not within the scope of this book. 技术问题不在本书论及范围之内。
4. He issued a technical scientific treatise. 他发表了一篇科技论文。
5. Many firms, for instance, have great difficulty in obtaining technical or scientific books from libraries because they are unwilling to have their names entered as having taken out such and such a book, 比如，很多公司向图书馆借阅科技书籍时感到困难，因为它们不愿让人家记下它们公司的名字和借阅的某一本书。
6. One can draw examples from genius in any field, from religion, philosophy, and literature to art and music, even in mathematics, science, and technical invention, although these are often thought to depend only on logic and experiment. 无论是宗教、哲学、文学，还是艺术、音乐，甚至数学、科学，以及技术发明，在任何领域的天才人物身上，我们都能找到这样的例子，虽然人们常常认为数学、科学，以及技术发明所依赖的仅仅是逻辑和实验。
7. If they experience technical difficulties, or problems in understanding something about the course, they MUST speak up; otherwise there is no way anyone can know something is wrong. 如果碰到技术方面的问题，或在理解课程中遇到困难，必须直接说出来。否则任何人都无从知晓问题所在。