n building used for the worship of a god or gods, esp in non-Christian religions 庙; 寺; 神殿（尤指非基督教者）
*a Greek, Roman, Hindu, Buddhist,etc temple 希腊、罗马、印度教、佛教等的庙宇.
n flat part at each side of the forehead 太阳穴（前额两侧）; 颞. =>illus at head 见 head 插图.
800-900; Language: Latin;Origin:
1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin:Vulgar Latin
tempula, from Latin
a building where people go to worship
, in the Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, and Mormon religions [usually plural]
one of the two fairly flat areas on each side of your forehead
1. The temple is supported by massive columns. 此庙由粗大的柱子支撑.
2. The mummy is that of Shepenmut who was once a singer in the Temple of Thebs. 这是 Shepenmut 的木乃伊，她曾一度在梯比斯寺院当过歌手。
3. The building of this house in the shape of the temple was a rich man´s vagary. 这栋房屋庙宇式的外形，是一位富人的奇想。
4. The temple which the archaeologists explored was used as a place of worship from the fifteenth century B. C. until Roman times. 考古工作者考察的这座庙宇从公元前15世纪直到罗马时代一直是祭祀祈祷的场所。
5. The mummy is that of Shepenmut who was once a singer in the Temple of Thebes. 这是曾在底比斯神殿里当过歌手的赛潘姆特的木乃伊。
6. The big one's gun dug into the back of my head, the thin one's pistol into my left temple. 那个大个子劫匪用枪顶着我的后脑勺，小个子用左轮手枪顶着我左边的太阳穴。
7. Dr. Thomas V. Busse and Louisa Seraydarian of Temple University found those girls with names such as Linda, Diane, Barbara, Carol, and Cindy performed better on objectively graded IQ and achievement tests than did girls with less appealing names. 坦普尔大学的托马斯·V·巴斯博士和路易莎·塞雷达里恩发现：那些名叫琳达、戴安娜、芭芭拉、卡罗尔及辛迪之类的女孩们在评分客观公正的智力测验和学业成绩测验中的成绩比那些名字不太有吸引力的女孩要好。
8. An American team explored a temple which stands in an ancient city on the promontory of Ayia Irini. 一只美国考古队查看了一座古庙,它位于阿伊亚,依里尼海角的一座古城里.
9. An American team explored a temple which stands in an ancient city on the promontory of Ayia Irini. 一个美国考古队在阿伊亚.依里尼海角的一座古城里考察了一座庙宇。
10. It is located near Lungshan Temple. 在龙山寺附近.