late＝to bring（带来）,to bear（搬运）
1 [U] translating 翻译; 用简易语言或另一种形式的表达; 认为; 解释
*errors in translation 翻译中的错误
* the translation of theories into practice 理论到实践的转变.
2 [C] thing that is translated 译作; 译文
*make/do a translation 做翻译
* a rough, literal, exact, etc translation 粗率的、逐字的、准确的...翻译
* the available translations of Dante 现有的但丁译本.
3 (idm 习语) in translation translated into another language; not in the original language 翻译成另一种语言的; 非原来语言的
*read Cervantes in translation阅读塞万提斯的译本.
[U and C]
when you translate something, or something that has been translated
a new translation of the Bible
a literal translation from Arabic
She read the letter and gave us a rough translation (=she did not translate everything exactly) .
I've only read 'Madame Bovary' in translation (=not in its original language) .
Much of the book's humour has been lost in translation (=is no longer effective when translated) .
the process of changing something into a different form
1. This is a literal translation from French. 这是从法文直译过来的。
2. During the conversation, the President brought up the question of access to the Baltic Sea, but through a mistake in translation Stalin thought the President was referring to the Baltic States. 谈话中总统提到了通向波罗的海航道的问题，但由于翻译的差错，斯大林以为总统在谈波罗的海国家。
3. All seats on the ground floor are equipped with earphones through which you can hear a simultaneous translation of a speech in any one of twelve different languages. 池座的所有座位都装有耳机。通过耳机你可以听到讲话的同声传译。有十二种语言可供选择。
4. If you compare the translation with the original , you will find the inaccuracy. 如果你把译文和原文比较一下，你就会找到不准确的地方。
5. If you need extra help with a translation assignment or your pronunciation, a tutor can give you feedback via your computer. 如果你在翻译作业或发音上还需额外帮助，辅导教师可通过电脑给你反馈。