1. Boys and girls were always there waiting for their turns, resting, trading playthings, quarrelling, fighting, fooling about. 男孩子女孩子们总是在那儿轮流等着压水、休息、交换玩具、争吵、打架、到处闲荡。
2. When he was driving along Catford Street recently, he saw two thieves rush out of a shop and run towards a waiting car. 最近，当他正开车在凯特福德街上行驶时，看到有两个小偷从一家商店里冲出来，奔向等在那里的一辆汽车，
3. When the plane arrived, some of the detectives were waiting inside the main building while others were waiting on the airfield. 当飞机到达时，一些侦探等候在主楼内，另一些侦探则守候在停机坪上。
4. While we were waiting to land, a flight attendant told us to keep calm and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it had touched down. 在我们等待降落时，一位空中乘务员告诉我们要保持镇静，待飞机一着陆，就马上不声不响地离开飞机。
5. We are in Montreal, in an echoing, dark train station, and we are squeezed together on a bench waiting for someone to give us some guidance. 我们到了蒙特利尔，呆在一个嘈杂的、黑暗的火车站里, 紧紧地挤在一起 坐在一条长凳上，等着有人来给我们带路。
6. The soldiers lay in ambush, waiting for the signal to open fire. 士兵布下伏兵，等待开火的信号。
7. The plane was late and detectives were waiting at the airport all morning. 飞机晚点了,侦探们在机场等了整整一个上午.
8. The hours of waiting seemed endless. 等候了很多小时, 似乎无尽无休.
9. There are some other people waiting to see you. 还有另外一些人等着要见你。
10. They are waiting for us on the wharf. 他们正在码头上等着我们。