动词过去式:bound 过去分词:bound 现在分词:binding 第三人称单数:binds
v (pt, pp bound/ baUnd; baJnd/)
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ A (to B); ~ A and B (together)
(a) tie or fasten, eg with rope 捆绑或系紧（如用绳）
*The hostages were bound (with ropes) and gagged. 人质被（用绳）捆住并塞住了口.
* They bound his legs (together) so he couldn't escape. 他们将他的双腿捆（在一）起使他无法逃跑.
* He was bound to a chair and left. 他被绑在一把椅子上, 就那样待着.
(b) (fig 比喻) hold (people or things) together; unite 将（人或物）合在一起; 结合
*the feelings that bind him to her 把他与她结合在一起的感情.
2 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (up) tie a band or strip of material round sth （用带或条）束捆、扎、绑
*bind (up) (ie bandage) a wound 包扎伤口
* hair bound up with ribbon 扎上丝带的头发.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (in sth) fasten (sheets of paper) between covers 装订
*bind a book 装订书籍
* a well-bound book 装订精美的书
* two volumes bound in leather 皮面精装的两卷书.
4 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (with sth) cover (the edge of sth) in order to strengthen it or as a decoration 将（某物）封边（加固或作装饰）
*bind the cuffs of a jacket with leather 给上衣袖口镶皮边
* bind the edge of a carpet, ie to prevent fraying 给地毯包边（防止磨损）.
5 [I, Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (up/together) (cause sth to) stick together in a solid mass （使）粘成硬块
*Add an egg-yolk to the flour and fat to make it bind/to bind the mixture. 在面粉和油脂中加入蛋黄使之凝结.
* Frost binds the soil. 霜把土壤冻结了.
* The earth is `frost-bound, ie frozen hard. 地面冻硬了.
* Some foods bind the bowels/are binding, ie cause constipation. 有些食物容易引起便秘.
6 [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.t] ~ sb/oneself (to sth) impose a duty or legal obligation on sb (to do sth) （用责任或法律义务）约束某人（使之做某事）
*bind sb to secrecy, ie make him promise to keep sth secret 使某人答应保守秘密
* bind sb to pay a debt 使某人必须还债.
7 (idm 习语) bind/tie sb hand and foot => hand1.
8 (phr v) bind sb over (to keep the peace) (law 律) warn sb that he will appear in court again if he breaks the law 令某人具结（遵守治安法令）
*The magistrate bound him over (to keep
n [sing] (infml 口) nuisance 讨厌的事情
*It's a hell of a bind. 这件事讨厌透了.
1. Bind the prisoner to the chair with rope. 把囚犯用绳子绑在椅子上.