名词:comparer 动词过去式:compared 过去分词:compared 现在分词:comparing 第三人称单数:compares
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A and B; ~ A with/to B examine people or things to see how they are alike and how they are different 比较
*Compare (the style of) the two poems. 将这两首诗（的风格）加以比较.
* If you compare her work with his/If you compare their work, you'll find hers is much better. 要是把他俩的工作比较一下, 就会发现她的好得多. Cf 参看 cf, cp abbrs 缩写.
2 [Tn.pr] ~ A to B show the likeness between sb/sth and sb/sth else 显示某人[某事物]与他人[他事物]相同
*Poets have compared sleep to death. 诗人把睡眠比作死亡.
* A beginner's painting can't be compared to that of an expert, ie is very different in quality. 初学者的画不能与专家的相比（水平极不相同）.
3 [Ipr] ~ with sb/sth be compared with or be worthy to be compared with sb/sth 和某人[某事物]相比或值得相比
*This cannot compare with that, ie No comparison is possible because they are so different. 这个无法与那个相比（因二者相去甚远, 不能相比）.
* He cannot compare with (ie is not nearly as great as) Shakespeare as a writer of tragedies. 在悲剧写作方面他根本不能与莎士比亚相比.
4 [Tn] (grammar) form the comparative and superlative degrees of (an adjective or adverb) 构成（形容词或副词的）比较级和最高级.
5 (idm 习语) compare `notes (with sb) exchange ideas or opinions 交换意见、观点、看法
*We saw the play separately and compared notes afterwards. 我们各自看了那出戏, 後来交换了意见.
n (idm 习语) beyond com`pare (fml 文) to such an extent that no comparison can be made with anything or anyone else 无可比拟; 举世无双; 绝伦; 绝顶
*She is lovely beyond compare. 她真是可爱得无与伦比.
1. Compare that with the mainland of China. Over the next decade, it plans to pour some $100 billion into telecommunications equipment. 与俄国相比，在未来10年中，中国大陆计划对通信设备投入1,000亿美元。
2. One wants to meet like-minded collectors, to get advice, to compare notes, to exchange articles, to show off the latest find. 收藏者要会见情趣相投的收藏者，以获取教益，交流经验、交换收藏品，炫耀自己的最新收藏。
3. Let us compare them with adults learning a foreign language, for the comparison is both interesting and instructive. 让我们来将儿童学习母语与成人学习外语来进行一下比较，因为这种比较不仅很有趣，而且很有教育意义。
4. If you compare the translation with the original , you will find the inaccuracy. 如果你把译文和原文比较一下，你就会找到不准确的地方。
5. If you compare it to a mountain, however, the large tree seems small. 可是将树和山相比，大树就显得小了。