副词:dancingly 名词:dancer 动词过去式:danced 过去分词:danced 现在分词:dancing 第三人称单数:dances
/dɑ:ns; [US] dæns; dæns/
1 (a) [C] (series of) movements and steps in time to music 跳舞; 舞蹈; 舞步
*[attrib 作定语] to learn new dance steps 学新舞步.
(b) [C] type of dance （某种）舞
*The rumba is a Latin-American dance. 伦巴舞是拉丁美洲的舞蹈.
(c) [C] one round or turn of a dance （一个舞曲或乐曲的）舞
*May I have the next dance? 下一个舞可否请你和我一起跳?
(d) [C] music for a dance 舞曲
*a gipsy dance played on the violin 小提琴奏的吉卜赛舞曲.
(e) (also the dance) [U] dancing as an art form 舞蹈艺术
*She has written a book on (the) dance. 她写了一本关于舞蹈的书.
2 [C] social gathering at which people dance 舞会
*to hold a dance in the village hall 在村庄会堂举行舞会.
3 (idm 习语) lead sb a dance => lead3. a song and dance => song.
/dɑ:ns; [US] dæns; dæns/ v
1 (a) [I, Ipr, Ip] move rhythmically in a series of steps, alone, with a partner or in a group, usu in time to music 跳舞
*We danced to the disco music. 我们跟着迪斯科乐曲跳舞.
* Would you like to dance? 请你跟我跳个舞好吗?
* I danced with her all night. 我整晚都跟她共舞.
(b) [Tn] perform (a certain kind of dance, ballet, etc) 跳（某种舞）
*to dance a waltz, the cha-cha, etc 跳华尔兹舞、恰恰舞等.
2 [I, Ipr, Ip] move in a lively way, usu up and down （尤指上下）跳跃, 雀跃
*leaves dancing in the wind 随风飘舞的树叶
* a boat dancing on the waves 随波漂荡的小船
* to dance for joy/with rage 高兴得[气得]直跳.
3 [Tn.pr, Tn.p] cause (sb) to dance 使（某人）跳跃
*She danced the little child round the room. 她逗得小孩满屋蹦蹦跳跳.
* He danced the baby (ie bounced it up and down) on his knee. 他把婴儿放在膝上颠着玩.
4 (idm 习语) dance attendance (up) on sb (fml 文) follow sb about, attending to his wishes 侍候某人, 听其差遣
*She loves to have servants dance attendance (up) on her. 她喜欢仆人前呼後拥地侍候她. dance to sb's tune do as sb demands 听某人指挥.
1. Would you like to go to a party to dance? 你想不想参加派对跳舞?
2. Would you like to go to a party to dance? 你想不想参加派对跳舞?
3. The snake, however, continued to ´dance´ slowly. 这条蛇仍然继续缓慢地“舞”动着。
4. The show was a miscellany of song and dance. 那场演出是又有歌曲又有舞蹈的混合表演.
5. The snake, however, continued to ´dance´ slowly. It obviously could not tell the difference between Indian music and jazz! 然而那蛇却还是缓慢地"舞动"着。显然，它分辨不出印度音乐和爵士乐！
6. They liked to hear me "speak pieces" and sing and wanted to see me dance, and gave me generously of their small silver for doing these things, which seemed strange to me for I wanted to do them so much that I needed bribing to stop. 他们喜欢听我"说几句"，听我唱歌，想看我跳舞，并为此大方地给我小银币。这倒使我感到奇怪，因为我太愿意跟他们"说上几句"，为他们唱歌跳舞了，得给我钱才能使我停下来。
7. Or those inviting ´our camping friends´ to a dance or a boat trip are printed not only in French or Italian or Spanish, but also in English, German and Dutch. 和邀请露营朋友参加舞会、乘船观光的招贴不仅印志法语、意大利语、西班牙语，而且也印成英语、德语、荷兰语。
8. His timidity prevented him from asking her to the dance. 他由于胆怯没敢邀她去参加舞会。
9. Did you like the dance. 你喜欢舞蹈吗?
10. And I described their violet- colored silk skirts, white blouses, and gold-colored hats like small crowns, with flexible points that moved in rhythm with the dance. 我向他描述她们身着紫罗兰色丝裙，白色外套，头戴形似小皇冠的金色帽子，帽上的饰物随着舞蹈节奏有弹性地跳动着。