/dɪ'rektə(r), daɪ-; də`rɛktɚ, daɪ-/
1 (a) person who manages, esp as a member of a board1(7), the affairs of a business company 主管; （尤指）董事.
(b) person who is in charge of an institution, a college, etc （事业机构、学院等的）负责人; 署长; 厅长; 局长; 处长; 院长; 校长; 所长; 主任
*the orchestra's musical director 乐团的音乐总监.
2 person in charge of a film, play, etc who supervises and instructs the actors, camera crew and other staff 导演. Cf 参看 producer 2.
someone who controls or manages a company
→executivedirector of a former director of Gartmore Pensions Ltd The company is run by a board of directors (=a group of directors) .
someone who is in charge of a particular activity or organizationdirector of the director of education for Norfolkfinance/marketing/sales etc director
(=the person in charge of the financial department etc)
the person who gives instructions to the actors and other people working on a film or play
1. By 1989, almost every nation on earth had established a program educating its people about AIDS, according to Jonathan Mann, director of the World Health Organization's (WHO) International Program on AIDS. 据世界卫生组织国际艾滋病项目主任乔纳森·曼说，到1989年几乎每个国家都制订了对公民进行艾滋病教育的计划。
2. Who is the director? 导演是谁?
3. The director has an entertainment allowance. 董事有一笔交际费。
4. The Director is in conference now. 主任正在开会.
5. The sales director phoned her counterpart in the other firm, ie the other firm´s sales director. 销售部的女经理给另一家公司的销售部经理打了电话.
6. To Mister Charles Jordan, the director of the Portland Parks and Recreation Department, it's just a beginning. 对波特兰市的公园和娱乐部部长查尔斯·乔丹先生来说，这仅仅是一个开头。
7. The editorial director of one dictionary says that the noun "clonee" may sound like a good term, but it's not clear enough. 一本词典的主编说，名词"被克隆者"听起来不错，但却不够明晰。
8. About two weeks ago, a regretful Mr. Williams, who had worked for the London police since 1959 and had risen to a ￡65,000 a year position as deputy director of finance, was brought into court and sentenced to seven and a half years in prison. 威廉斯先生自1959年起效力于伦敦警署，官至财务部副主管，年薪65,000英镑。大约两周前，后悔不已的他在法庭受审，被判监禁7年半。
9. "Red roses say ‘I love you’," says Gerald Hager, executive director of a marketing research institute. 红玫瑰意味着‘我爱你’，"一家市场研究所的执行主任杰拉尔德·黑格说。"
10. "We find what a person can do rather than what he can't do," said the hospital's associate executive director. 正如医院的副院长所说："我们要看一个人能做什么，而不是看他不能做什么。"