n.主人,雇主,(男)教师,熟练技工,师傅,大师,硕士,<称呼>少爷 adj.主人的,熟练的,高明的,主要的 vt.征服,控制,精通
动词过去式:mastered 过去分词:mastered 现在分词:mastering 第三人称单数:masters 名词:masterdom
/'mɑ:stə(r); [US] 'ms-; `mæstɚ/
1 gain control of (sth); overcome (sth) 控制, 制服（某事物）
*master one's temper, feelings, etc 控制住脾气、感情等.
2 gain considerable knowledge of or skill in (sth) 掌握, 精通（某事物）
*master a foreign language 掌握一门外语
* She has fully mastered the technique. 她已完全掌握了这种技术.
* He has mastered the saxophone. 他已精通萨克管的演奏.
1. Elephants like to have one master just as dogs do, and are capable of a considerable degree of personal affection. 大象和狗一样，喜欢有一个专一的主人，而且会对主人产生相当深厚的私人感情。
2. Even in terms of biology, a clone would not be identical to the "master copy". 即使从生物学的角度看，克隆人也不会和"母本"一模一样。
3. But the station master was adamant: 但站长态度坚决，
4. Banks stocked with the frozen sperm of geniuses already exist, but they haven't created a master race because few women are queuing up to get pregnant this way. 已经有了贮存天才的冷冻精子的精子库，但它们还没有生成一个优等族，原因是很少有妇女排队等候以这种方式怀孕。
5. The obedient dog came at his master´s whistle. 这驯服的狗一听到主人的哨音就过来。
6. The dog wagged his tail when he saw his master. 这条狗见到主人就摇尾巴。
7. Two hours later, I was talking angrily to the station master at Westhaven. 两小时后，我气呼呼地同威斯特海温站站长说起此事。
8. The porter went to fetch one and arrived back with the station master, 搬运工跑回去取时刻表，同时请来了站长。
9. The master had told us he would question us on verbs, and I did not know a thing about them, for I had not studied my lesson. 老师说过要问我们动词的问题，可是我没有温习功课，一点也不会。
10. The master was walking up and down the room with the iron ruler under his arm and a book in his hand. 老师手里拿着一本书，胳膊下夹着铁戒尺，在教室里走过来走过去。