名词:dustiness 副词:dustily 形容词比较级:dustier 最高级:dustiest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 (a) full of dust; covered with dust 满是灰尘的; 落满灰尘的
*This room's rather dusty, I'm afraid. 我看, 这间屋子的尘土未免太多了.
(b) like dust 灰尘般的; 粉末状的.
2 (idm 习语) a dusty answer curt rejection of a request; unfriendly refusal （对要求的）轻率的回绝; 淡然的拒绝. not so dusty (dated Brit infml 旧, 口) fairly good 还好; 还不坏
*`How are you feeling?' `Oh, not so dusty, thanks!' ｀你身体怎样?＇｀啊, 还不错, 多谢!＇
covered with dust
Adrian cycled along the dusty road.
Everything's really dusty.
dusty blue/pink etc
blue etc that is not bright but is slightly grey
The curtains had faded to a dusty pink.
1. This room´s rather dusty, I´m afraid. 我看, 这间屋子的尘土未免太多了.
2. The native whites rode dusty horses, and the northern tourists traveled down the sandy village road in automobiles. 本地的白人骑着风尘仆仆的马匹，而北方来的旅游者则驾着汽车沿着乡下的沙土路一路驶来。
3. As we bumped over the dusty track, we swerved to avoid large boulders: 我们在尘士飞扬的道路上颠簸，车子东拐西弯，以躲开那些大圆石。
4. Joan Reid felt self-conscious and awkward waiting on the dusty pavement outside the house whose two top rooms were her home. 琼·里德站在楼前到处是尘土的人行道上等着，感到又难为情，又不自在。楼上顶层的两间房是她的家。
5. Roads were dusty tracks scarely discernible from the adjacent desert. 道路是尘土覆盖的小道, 几乎难以跟两边的沙漠区分开来。