名词:eagerness 副词:eagerly 形容词比较级:eagerer 最高级:eagerest
1 ~ (for sth/to do sth) full of interest or desire; keen 热切的; 渴望的; 热心的
*eager for success 渴望成功
* eager to please 极想讨好（别人）.
2 (idm 习语) an eager `beaver (sometimes derog 有时作贬义) keen, hard-working and enthusiastic person 积极、努力又热心的人.
[Date: 1200-1300; Language: Old French;Origin: aigre, from Latin acer 'sharp']
very keen and excited about something that is going to happen or about something you want to do
eager to do sth
I was eager to get back to work as soon as possible.
He's a bright kid and eager to learn.
She's a very hard worker and very eager to please .
A crowd of eager young students were already waiting outside.
fans eager for a glimpse of the singer
someone who is too keen and works harder than they should
They're eagerly awaiting the big day.
People were pushing each other out of the way in their eagerness to get to the front.
1. But parents are also eager to give their children every advantage. 但是家长又急于让孩子们拥有每一种优势。"
2. When I went to senior middle school, I was eager to continue studying English; however, my experience in senior school was very different from before. 到了高中后，我渴望继续学习英语，然而高中时的经历与以前大不相同。
3. The teenagers were eager to escape restrictive home environments. 这些青少年一心想摆脱家庭约束。
4. They have a character, perhaps two; they are in that condition of eager discomfort which passes for inspiration; 他们心中只在一个或两个角色。他们处于急切不安的状态，而被当作是灵感。
5. The Japanese are eager to move forward and Westerners, perhaps, lag behind as they take the time for in-depth planning. 日本人热情十足地往前走，而西方人因需要时间作详细计划，则可能落后。
6. Not realizing who she was, the assistant was eager to serve her this time. 那个售货员没有认出她是谁，这一回接待她的态度非常殷勤。
7. And businesses eager for reliable service are willing to accept a significantly higher price tag for a wireless call — the fee is typically two to four times as much as for calls made over fixed lines. 而且，急切想得到可靠服务的企业乐于花费可观的高价来换取无线电话--通常是固定线路电话资费的二至四倍。
8. She is eager for the performance to begin. 她急切地等待演出开场。
9. “You’ll be welcome. If you wait for two years, I can show you around.” I was so very eager to make a friend of him. “你会受到欢迎的。假如你能等两年的话，我可以带你去转转。”我非常非常急切地希望他能成为我的朋友。