1 (a) (of a group, society, etc) not readily admitting new members (esp if they are thought to be socially inferior); select （指群体、会社等）不愿接收新成员的（尤指对社会地位低下者）; 精选的
*He is part of an exclusive social circle and belongs to an exclusive club. 他所处的社交圈子很排外, 而且参加的又是个很排外的社团.
(b) (of a high-class shop, goods sold in it, etc) not found elsewhere; reserved for the wealthy （指高级商店、货物等）罕见的, 高级的, 高档的
*exclusive styles, designs, articles 高级的式样、设计、物品
* an exclusive restaurant, private school 为富人开设的饭店、私立学校.
2 reserved for or limited to the person(s) or group concerned 独有的; 独占的
*exclusive privileges of the aristocracy 贵族独有的特权
* an exclusive agency for the sale of Ford cars in this town 这城镇的福特汽车包销商
* The interview is exclusive to this magazine. 本杂志得到独家访问权.
3 excluding all but the thing specified 唯一的
*Painting has not been her exclusive occupation. 绘画并非她唯一的职业.
4 not admitting sth else; rejecting other considerations 排他的
*The two plans are mutually exclusive, ie If you accept one you must reject the other. 这两个方案是相互抵触的.
5 ~ of sb/sth not including sb/sth; not counting sb/sth 不包括某人[某事物]; 不把某人[某事物]算在内
*The ship has a crew of
57 exclusive of officers. 这船上除高级船员外, 有57名普通船员.
* The price of the holiday is exclusive of accommodation. 度假费用未包括住宿费.
n [C] (also exclusive story) newspaper or magazine story given to and published by only one newspaper （报纸或杂志的）独家报道, 独家专文
*a Daily Mirror exclusive 每日镜报独家报道. exclusively adv
*This special offer has been exclusively designed for readers of this magazine. 这一特价优惠是专为本杂志读者提供的.
1. We weren't up to trying our act at an exclusive restaurant, so we wandered around the first floor and left. 我们的演技还达不到上高档餐厅一试身手的水平，所以我们在底楼兜了一圈就走了。
2. Newspapers and magazines offered the family huge sums for the exclusive rights to publish stories and photographs. 报纸、杂志出高价向他们购买文字、图片的独家报道权。
3. One day, he went to an exclusive shop in London and asked for ´Myrolite´. 一天，他去伦敦一家高级商店要买一种叫"密诺莱特"的东西，