n.疲乏,疲劳,累活,[军]杂役 vt.使疲劳,使心智衰弱 vi.疲劳
动词过去式:fatigued 过去分词:fatigued 现在分词:fatiguing 第三人称单数:fatigues
1 [U] great tiredness, usu resulting from hard work or exercise 疲乏; 疲劳; 疲倦
*We were all suffering from fatigue at the end of our journey. 我们到旅程终点时全都累垮了.
2 [U] weakness in metals, etc caused by repeated stress （金属材料的）疲劳
*The aeroplane wing showed signs of metal fatigue. 机翼显出有金属疲劳的现象.
3 [C] non-military duty of soldiers, such as cooking, cleaning, etc 士兵所承担的非军事性工作（如烹饪、清扫等）
*Instead of training the men were put on fatigues/fatigue duty. 那些士兵没有接受训练, 而是派去做杂务.
4 fatigues [pl] (US) uniform worn for fatigue duty or when in battle （做杂务或打仗时穿的）制服.
v [Tn] make (sb) very tired 使（某人）非常疲劳
*feeling fatigued 感到疲劳
* fatiguing work 累人的工作.
1600-1700; Language: French;Origin:Latin
fatigare 'to make tired'
very great tiredness
= exhaustionwith fatigue Sam's face was grey with fatigue.from fatigue He's suffering from physical and mental fatigue.[U]technical
a weakness in metal or wood, caused when it is bent or stretched many times, which is likely to make it break metal fatiguefatigues [plural]
loose-fitting army clothes
1. Except for one minor incident, he seemed to be in excellent health, never showing any signs of fatigue, and holding his magnificent head high. 除了一件小事故，他看起来身体很好，从未显示出任何疲惫的迹象，高高地昂着他那尊贵的头。
2. There is plenty of evidence that, too often, pressure from parents results in children suffering fatigue rather than becoming geniuses. 大量证据表明，家长的压力常会导致孩子疲劳厌倦而不是成为天才。
3. His health is deteriorating from fatigue. 他的健康状况因疲劳而恶化。
4. Marx would shorten the miles for his children by telling them stories without end — fantastic tales which he made up as he went along, so that the little ones forgot their fatigue. 马克思还会为孩子们没完没了地讲故事来缩短行程——讲一些他一边走一边编出来的稀奇古怪的故事，这样这些小东西就忘却了她们的疲劳。
5. Children whose parents were stimulating without being supportive were candidates for fatigue. 激励型却缺乏支持的父母，他们的孩子很可能会疲劳厌倦。
6. Fatigue and poor performance may begin to appear in the second stage of deficiency, when not enough iron is present to form the molecules of blood protein that transport oxygen to the working muscles. 到了缺铁的第二阶段，就会出现疲倦和力不从心，此时体内已没有足够的铁来形成血蛋白分子，将氧输至运动着的肌肉。