adv in a gradual way; by degrees 逐渐地; 逐步地
*Things gradually improved. 情况已逐渐改善.
slowly, over a long period of time
≠ suddenly Jill gradually became aware of an awful smell. Gradually, my ankle got better.
1. Between twelve and eighty years we gradually lose this power; 在12岁至80岁之间，我们逐渐丧失这种能力。
2. The balloon descended gradually as the air came out. 气球空气外逸而缓缓下降.
3. The best way to overcome it----so at least it seems to me----is to make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, 克服怕死的最好办法 -- 至少在我看来是这样 -- 就是逐渐使自己的兴趣更加广泛，
4. The time I spent at exercise gradually diminished. 我花在锻炼上的时间逐渐减少，
5. However, my enthusiasm waned. The time I spent at exercises gradually diminished. 但我的热情退了。我花在体操上的时间渐渐地减少。
6. However, my enthusiasm waned. The time I spent at exercises gradually diminished. 但我的热情退了。我花在体操上的时间渐渐地减少。
7. And in most cases the captive gradually quietens down and begins to accept its food. 在大多数情况下，刚博来的象会慢慢静下来，接着开始吃食。
8. And so they gradually acquire a value beyond their true worth. 因此这些东西慢慢获得了一种超出它本身的价值。
9. gradually, and often quite swiftly, 那么渐渐地，往往也是很顺利地，
10. Since the war the industry has gradually languished. 开战以来, 这一工业的生产每况愈下.