名词:guiltiness 副词:guiltily 形容词比较级:guiltier 最高级:guiltiest
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 ~ (of sth) (esp law 尤用于法律) having done wrong; being to blame (for sth) 有罪的; 犯罪的; （对某事）有罪责的
*plead guilty to a crime 认罪
* The verdict of the jury was `not guilty', ie innocent. 陪审团裁决无罪.
* be found guilty of negligence 被判犯有玩忽职守罪
* the guilty party, ie person to blame 有罪者.
2 showing or feeling guilt 表现有罪的; 感觉有罪的
*look guilty 显出有罪的样子
* I feel guilty about visiting her so rarely. 我因极少去看望她而感到惭愧.
* guilty looks 感到有罪的表情
* a guilty conscience, ie conscience troubled by feelings of guilt 内疚.
1【ashamed】2【of a crime】34 the guilty party
feeling very ashamed and sad because you know that you have done something wrongguilty about/at I feel really guilty at forgetting her birthday again. She looked self-conscious and guilty. It was his guilty conscience that made him offer to help.【OF A CRIME】
having done something that is a crime
≠ innocentguilty of The jury found her guilty of murder. He was found not guilty of the death of PC Jones. He pleaded guilty to two charges of theft.
responsible for behaviour that is morally or socially unacceptablebe guilty of doing sth Some journalists are guilty of reporting scandal in order to sell papers.the guilty partyformal
the person who has done something illegal or wrong>guiltilyadv
1. Even really honest people are often made to feel guilty. 甚至是最诚实的人也常弄得觉得有罪似的，
2. The lawyer based his argument on the premise that people are innocent until they are proved to be guilty. 律师的论点所依据的前提是, 人们在没有被证明有罪之前都是无罪的.
3. The jury brought in a verdict of guilty. 陪审团裁定有罪。
4. Though most of us would like to think ourselves free from such prejudiced notions, we're all guilty of name stereotyping to some extent. 虽然我们中大多数人会认为自己没有这样的偏见，但在某种程度上，我们都有对名字产生固定看法的毛病。
5. Then they feel guilty and they start the whole cycle over again." 随后他们就感到内疚，接着他们就再把这个全过程重复一遍。"
6. This desire to possess and control others made my mother very angry (and then guilty that she felt that way, when of course she owed so much to her mother). 这种占有和控制他人的欲望使我妈非常生气（可接着她又为自己这样想感到内疚，毕竟她欠自己的母亲那么多）。
7. He asserted that he was not guilty. 他声明他无罪。
8. He was found guilty of tax evasion. 他被判决犯有偷税罪。
9. He was found guilty of fraud. 他被判决犯有诈骗罪。
10. He is naive, simple and guileless; he cannot be guilty of fraud. 他天真、单纯、正直, 他决不会耍阴谋。