n.租金,工钱,租用,雇用 vt.雇请,出租 vi.受雇
名词:hirer 动词过去式:hired 过去分词:hired 现在分词:hiring 第三人称单数:hires 形容词:hirable
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth/sb (from sb) obtain the use of sth or the services of sb temporarily and esp for a short period of time, in return for payment 租用（某物）; 雇用（某人）
*hire a bicycle, hall, wedding-dress 租自行车、礼堂、结婚礼服
* a hired car 租用的汽车
* a hired assassin 受雇的刺客
* hire a dozen men to dig a ditch 雇十二个人挖沟.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (out) (to sb) allow the temporary use of sth, in return for payment 出租某物
*We hire out our vans by the day, ie at a cost of a certain amount per day. 我们按日出租客货车（按日计租）. =>Usage at let2 用法见let2.
1 hiring 租用; 雇用; 出租
*have the hire of a car for a week 租用汽车一星期
* bicycles for hire,
1 an hour 自行车出租, 每小时1英镑
* pay for the hire of a hall 付会堂租金
* This suit is on hire. 这套衣服是供租用的.
* [attrib 作定语] a car hire firm 汽车出租公司
* a hire car 供租用的汽车.
2 payment for hiring sth/sb 租金; 工钱
*work for hire 当雇工.
3 (idm 习语) ply for hire => ply2.
Charlestown is a town in Sullivan County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 5,114 at the 2010 census.
1. Employers are being encouraged to hire disabled workers. 雇主受鼓励雇用残废的工人。
2. Each time you go to a job interview and give them your best and they hire someone else, you go another round with yourself and your self-worth. 每次去求职面试，你都把你主要的优点陈述给他们听，可他们雇佣的却总是别人。你只好带着你自己和你的自尊开始另一轮的求职。
3. This car is for hire. 这辆汽车供出租用。
4. Hawkwood used to hire his soldiers to princes who were willing to pay the high price he demanded. 霍克伍德把他的士兵雇佣给愿给他出高价的君主。
5. He sees practical applications everywhere for how companies should decide whom to hire, how couples can increase the odds that their marriages will last, how parents should raise their children and how schools should teach them. 他认为这处处都用得上，如公司该如何决定聘用什么人，夫妇该如何提高婚姻延续的可能性，父母该如何培养孩子，学校该如何教育孩子。
6. Martin Seligman of the University of Pennsylvania advised the Metlife insurance company to hire a special group of job applicants who tested high on optimism, although they had failed the normal aptitude (才能) test. 宾夕法尼亚大学的马丁·塞利格曼建议梅特莱夫保险公司雇用一批特别的求职者，他们经测试证实有很乐观的心态，虽然在一般能力测验上不及格。
7. One company won't hire smokers, and another fired an employee after finding out he drank heavily at parties. "某公司不雇用吸烟者，另一家则在发现雇员在晚会上酗酒后将其解雇。
8. If you must travel to remote areas where taxis are few, or if you plan to make many stops throughout the day, you will probably find it easier and cheaper to hire a taxi for the day or half-day. 如果你一定要到出租车稀少的偏僻地区旅游，或者你一天中打算做多次停留，你会发现包租全天或半天的出租车更方便、更便宜。