动词过去式:rented 过去分词:rented 现在分词:renting 第三人称单数:rents 形容词:rentable 名词:rentability
1 [U, C] regular payment made for the use of land, premises, a telephone, machinery, etc; sum paid in this way 租金; 地租; 房租; （电话、机器等的）租赁费
*owe three weeks' rent/be three weeks behind with the rent 欠三个星期的租金
* live in a house free of rent, ie without paying rent 住免缴租金的房子
* Non-payment of rent can mean eviction. 不交租金就可能被赶出去.
* pay a high/low rent for farming land 缴纳耕地的高昂的[低廉的]地租
* Rents are going up again. 租金又涨了.
* [attrib 作定语] a rent book, agreement, collector 租金登记簿、租赁协定、收租人.
2 (idm 习语) for rent (esp US) available to be rented 供租用的; 招租的.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (from sb) pay for the occupation or use of (land, premises, a telephone, machinery, etc) 租借或租用（土地、房屋、电话、机器等）
*rent a holiday cottage from an agency 向代理公司租用度假村舍
* Do you own or rent your video? 你的录像机是自己的呢, 还是租来的?
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p, Dn.n] ~ sth (out) (to sb) allow sb to occupy or use (land, premises, a telephone, machinery, etc) in return for payment 将（土地、房屋、电话、机器等）出租给某人
*Mr Hill rents this land (out) to us at
500 a year. 希尔先生把这块地租给我们, 租金每年500英镑.
* Will you rent me this television? 你把这台电视机租给我行吗? =>Usage at let2 用法见let2.
3 [I, Ipr] ~ (at/for sth) be let at a specified rent 以一定租金出租
*The building rents at
3000 a year. 这座建筑物以每年
* (US) an apartment renting for $900 a month 每月租金为
n torn place in cloth, etc; tear; split （布的）破裂处; 撕裂; 破裂
*(fig 比喻) The sun shone through a rent in the clouds. 太阳透过云间的缝隙照射出来.
pt, pp of rend.
1. The monthly rent is 150 dollars, inclusive of light and water. 每月租金一百五十美元, 包括水电费在内。
2. The rent is ￡ 50 per month. 每月租金五十英镑。
3. The tiger rent its prey to pieces. 老虎把猎物撕成碎块.
4. 9.You suspect your rent (房租) or some other regular expense will increase. 9.你怀疑你的房租或其他常规开销将上涨。
5. Do you think they´d care if the roofs were blown off as long as they get our rent? 只要他们拿到了我们的房租，你以为他们会在意屋顶会不会被吹跑？
6. She rent the room to a student. 她把这房间租给一个学生.
7. "How much rent do we owe now?" “我们现在欠了多少房租？“
8. "If we pay the two weeks´ rent that´ll leave us twelve shillings to live on." “如果我们付两个星期的房租，那么我们只剩下十二先令过日子了。”
9. "Except the furniture people, the biggest thing we owe is the rent," she said as Easton cleared a space on the table and was ready to begin. “除了买家具外，我们欠得最多的就是房租。”露丝说道。这时伊斯顿就在桌上腾出一块地方并准备开始写。
10. "First of all, there´s the rent. “首先是房租。