1 land held by a tenant 佃户租种的土地.
2 (often pl 常作复数) thing owned, such as land, stocks, shares, etc; personal property 所有物（如土地、债券、股份等）; 私有财产
*She has a 40% holding (ie share) in the company. 她有公司的40%股份.
something which a person owns, especially land or shares
in a companyholding in The government has decided to sell its 21% holding in the firm.land/property/currency etc holding companies with large property holdings
1. Except for one minor incident, he seemed to be in excellent health, never showing any signs of fatigue, and holding his magnificent head high. 除了一件小事故，他看起来身体很好，从未显示出任何疲惫的迹象，高高地昂着他那尊贵的头。
2. With practice, no doubt, I could in time learn to write by holding the pen still while the paper moved. 毫无疑问，经过练习，我最终能够学会笔不动而纸动来写字。
3. Water is in rock deep under the ground, in natural holding areas -- in storage. 水深藏于地底下的岩层里、在天然蓄水区里 -- 水就储存在那里。
4. The girl was holding her father´s hand. 那女孩抓住她父亲的手.
5. The mother´s holding her bady. 母亲抱着婴儿。
6. They are holding a vociferous debate. 他们在吵吵嚷嚷地辩论。
7. The trainer stands in front of the elephant holding a long stick with a sharp metal point. 驯练员手持一根有锋利金属尖头的长棒，站在象前。
8. They carry all of the water away. Not much water can sink into the holding areas under the ground. 它们会把所有的水都排走, 能够渗透到地下蓄水区的水就不多了。
9. The Marine placed the lifeless hand he had been holding on the bed, and went to inform the nurse. 海军陆战队队员把那只他一直握着的、现在已失去生命的手放回床上，然后去通知护士。
10. Nature's holding area fills slowly with that clean, filtered water. 大自然的蓄水区就会慢慢蓄满干净的过滤水。