1 [U] action of obstructing; being obstructed 阻碍; 障碍; 妨碍
*obstruction of the factory gates 工厂大门的障碍
* a policy of obstruction 阻遏政策.
2 [C] thing that obstructs; obstacle 障碍物; 阻塞物
*an operation to remove an obstruction in the throat, intestine, stomach, etc 去除咽喉、肠、胃等梗阻的手术
* obstructions on the road, eg fallen trees 公路上的障碍物（如倒下的树木）
* Your car is causing an obstruction, ie getting in the way of others. 你的汽车挡道了.
3 [C, U] (sport 体) (act of) unfairly stopping the movement of a player in the other team 违例阻挡
*commit an obstruction 违例阻挡犯规
* be found guilty of obstruction 被判违例阻挡犯规.
n [U and C]
when something blocks a road, passage, tube etc, or the thing that blocks it
= blockage an operation to remove an obstruction from her throat Police can remove a vehicle that is causing an obstruction .obstruction of an unlawful obstruction of the highway[U]
when someone or something prevents or delays a legal or political processobstruction of the obstruction of vital legislation He was found guilty of obstruction of justice .[U]
an offence in football, hockey
etc in which a player gets between an opponent and the ball
1. The further off this solid obstruction, the longer time will elapse for the return of the echo. 固体障碍物越远。回声返回所用时间就越长。
2. I saw an obstruction in the road. 我发现路上有一障碍物 .