动词过去式:oiled 过去分词:oiled 现在分词:oiling 第三人称单数:oils
1 [U] any of various thick slippery liquids that do not mix with water and (usu) burn easily,obtained from animals, plants, minerals, etc 油
*`coconut,`sunflower, `vegetable, etc oil 椰子、葵花籽、菜籽...油
* ,olive `oil 橄榄油
* `cooking oil 食用油
* ,cod-liver `oil 鱼肝油
* `salad oil 色拉油.
(a) petroleum found in rock underground 石油
*drilling for oil in the desert 在沙漠中钻探石油.
(b) (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) form of petroleum used as fuel, as a lubricant, etc （用作燃料、润滑剂等的）油
*an `oil-heater/-lamp/-stove 油加热器[灯/炉]
* Put some oil in the car. 给汽车加润滑油.
3 [C] (infml 口) picture painted in oil-colours 油画.
4 oils [pl] paints made by mixing colouring matter in oil 油画颜料
*paint in oils 画油画.
5 (idm 习语) burn the midnight oil => burn2. pour oil on the flames => pour. pour oil on troubled waters => pour. strike lucky/oil/gold => strike2.
1 put oil on or into (sth) (eg to make part of a machine run smoothly); lubricate 给（某物）加润滑油; 用油润滑
*oil a lock, one's bicycle, a stiff hinge 给锁、自己的自行车、不灵活的合叶上油.
2 (idm 习语) oil the `wheels make things go smoothly by behaving tactfully or craftily 用圆滑手段使事情顺利进行.
1. Eletricity must be generated by the consumption of coal or oil 发电需要消耗煤或石油.
2. By way of contrast oil can be transported large distance by pipeline. 不同的是, 石油可以用输油管远距离输送.
3. But we do not need to send men down to get the oil out, as we must with other mineral deposits. 但是，我们不必像开采其他矿藏那样，把人送到地下去把石油取出。
4. Because of this, we kept looking back, wondering if we were leaving a trail of oil and petrol behind us. 因此，我们不时地掉过头，怀疑车后是否留下了机油和汽油的痕迹。
5. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.
6. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们力图避免那种有关喷油井的陈旧的, 不切实际的计划, 这种计划浪费油和天然气.
7. We mix oil and vinegar to put on salad. 我们把油和醋搀和在一起，用来拌色拉。
8. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当确定钻孔地点后，我们就在那里竖起一个井架。
9. We endeavour to avoid the old, romantic idea of a gusher, which wastes oil and gas. 我们尽量避免使用陈旧天真的喷井方法，那样会浪费石油和天然气。
10. They were unloading an oil barge. 他们正在从运油驳船卸货。