1 of or concerning material things (contrasted with moral or spiritual matters) 物质的（与道德的或精神的相对）
*the physical world, universe, etc 物质世界、宇宙等.
2 (a) of the body 身体的; 肉体的
*physical fitness, well-being, strength, etc 健康、安康、体力
* physical exercise, eg walking, running, playing sports 体育活动
* physical education, eg athletics, gymnastics, games, etc 体育
* (Brit infml 口) physical jerks, ie gymnastics 体操.
(b) bodily 身体的
*physical presence 亲临.
3 of or according to the laws of nature 自然规律的; 按自然法则的
*It is a physical impossibility to be in two places at once. 同时身处两地在自然法则上是不可能的.
* physical necessity 自然法则的必然性.
4 [attrib 作定语] of the natural features of the material world 物质世界的自然特徵的
*physical geography, ie geography of the earth's structure 自然地理学
* a physical map, ie one showing mountains, rivers, etc 自然地理图.
5 [attrib 作定语] of or concerning physics 物理的; 物理学的
*physical chemistry, ie use of physics in the study of chemistry 物理化学
* physical science 物理学.
6 (infml euph 口, 婉) using violence; treating roughly 使用暴力的; 粗暴对待的
*Are you going to co-operate or do we have to get physical? 你是跟我们合作呢还是要我们动武?
n (infml 口) medical examination to see if one is fit 体格检查.
1. But most of the physical differences between originals and copies are so minor that detection of them would require a sophisticated laboratory. 然而，在母体和克隆体之间存在的身体差异大部分都很小，小得需要在设备精良的实验室里测定。
2. While active, child-bearing age women are most likely to have low iron stores, he notes, "Men are not safe, especially if they don't eat meat and have a high level of physical activity." 他还指出，虽然积极锻炼的育龄妇女最有可能铁离子储量低，"但男性也并非不缺铁，尤其是在他们不吃肉类而又从事高强度的体力活动的情况下。"
3. Women's survival, both physical and psychological, has been linked to their ability to please men. 女人的生存，不论是生理的还是心理的，都与其取悦于男人的能力有关。
4. This applies particularly to chemical industries, where chance discoveries play a much larger part than they do in physical and mechanical industries. 在这化学工业方面尤为突出。同物理和机械工业相比，化学工业中偶然发现的机会要多得多。
5. Lack of physical and mental energy, both of which are essential in turning out and throwing away, and sentiment. 一是体力，精力均告不佳，这二者是清除无用的东西必不可少的因素；另一原因是感情因素。
6. There are challenges that are not physical challenges. 有些挑战并不是针对体力的，
7. The illness had not really left her; it had gone into hiding, instead, and the physical and mental after-effects of that historical August 6, 1945, would trouble Kaz all the rest of her life. 但是她的病没真正除根，只不过是潜伏起来了而已。历史上这个让人难忘的1945年8月6日给和子的肉体和精神上所带来的后遗症将折磨她的余生。
8. They include: physical appearance, energy, rate of speech, pitch and tone of voice, gestures, expression through the eyes, and the ability to hold the interest of others. 这些优点包括：体貌、活力、语速、语音语调、手势、眼神，以及使他人对你保持兴趣的能力。
9. This boost in reaction time after exercise training may occur because declines associated with getting old could actually stem from declines in physical condition. 接受运动训练之后，人的反应速度会加快，这可能是因为与衰老有关的机能衰退实际上根源于体质下降。
10. This physical transformation, plus the skill with which he executed it again and again, are surely the secrets of Chaplin's great comedy. 这种对具体事物的发挥转化，以及他一次又一次做出这种转化的技巧，正是卓别林伟大喜剧的奥秘。