1 having completed the relevant training or examination 经过训练或考试的; 有资格的; 合格的; 及格的
*a qualified doctor 合格的医生
* She's extremely well qualified for the job. 她极胜任这一工作.
* It takes three years to become qualified. 需时三年才具备资格.
2 limited 有限制的; 有限度的
*give the scheme only qualified approval 有所保留地批准此计画.
having suitable knowledge, experience, or skills, especially for a particular jobwell/suitably/highly qualified Dawn is well qualified for her new role.qualified to do sth The guides are qualified to lead groups into the mountains. If you don't speak German, you're not qualified to comment.
having passed a professional examinationqualified doctor/teacher/accountant etc There are qualified instructors on hand to advise you.highly/fully qualified a fully qualified nurse a professionally qualified social worker Are you medically qualified ?qualified to do sth He's qualified to teach biology at high school level. [usually before noun]
limited in some way
→partialqualified approval/support The proposal received qualified approval. The program was considered a qualified success . Is it worth the money? The answer is a qualified yes .
1. Two years of experience qualified him for a promotion. 两年的资历使他有资格获得升迁。
2. Two years of experience qualified him for a promotion. 两年的资历使他有资格获得升迁。
3. The latter name particularly bothers me since my name is Joe, which some think makes me more qualified to be a baseball player than, say, an art critic. 后面的那个名字特别使我烦恼，因为我的名字也叫乔。有些人认为这个名字使我更适合于做一个棒球运动员而不是，比如说，艺术评论家。
4. A parliamentary committee representing all political parties appoints a person who is suitably qualified to investigate private grievances against the State. 议会内有一个代表各政党利益的委员会，由它委派一位称职的人选专门调查个人对国家的意见。
5. Shortly after this the famous H. M. S. Challenger expedition established the study of the sea-floor as a subject worthy of the most qualified physicists and geologists. 此后不久，英国著名的"挑战者"号舰艇对海底的那次考察，把对海床的研究确立为一个值得一流物理学家和地质学家从事的研究课题，
6. Second, seniors should start under the guidance of a qualified teacher to make sure they're doing exercises properly and not doing too much, too soon — especially if they've been inactive. 第二，老年人应在合格的教练指导下开始锻炼，以保证锻炼适度，既不过量，也不过速，尤其是在他们过去一直未作运动的情况下。