ceive＝to take（取） 变化型 cept，cip，cipate
1 [U] action of receiving or being received 接受; 接待; 接纳; 接收
*The bridal suite was prepared for the reception of the honeymooners. 新婚套间已准备好以接待度蜜月的人.
* prepare rooms for the reception of guests 准备房间以接待宾客
* her reception into the religious order 接纳她进修道会
* [attrib 作定语] a reception area, camp, centre, etc, ie where refugees, immigrants, etc are received and accommodated 接待区、营、中心等（接纳和安置难民、移民等的处所）
* a `reception committee 接待委员会.
2 [sing] way in which sb/sth is received (receive 3) 反应
*The play got a favourable reception from the critics. 该剧获评论界好评.
* His talk met with/was given a warm (ie enthusiastic) reception. 他的讲话受到热烈的欢迎.
3 [sing] (Brit) area in a hotel or an office building where guests or clients are received, registered, etc （旅馆或事务所的）接待处
*Wait for me at reception. 在接待处等我吧.
4 [C] formal social occasion to welcome sb 正式的欢迎场合; 欢迎会; 招待会; 宴会
*hold a wedding reception 举办结婚宴会
* official receptions for the foreign visitors 欢迎外宾的招待会.
5 [U] receiving of broadcast signals; efficiency of this （无线电信号的）接收, 接收效果
*a radio with excellent reception 接收性能极好的收音机
* Reception (eg of TV programmes) is poor here. 这里的接收情况欠佳（如电视节目的）.
1300-1400; Language: French;Origin:Latin
receptio, from recipere; RECEIVE
]【WELCOME/REACTION】 [C usually singular]
a particular type of welcome for someone, or a particular type of reaction to their ideas, work etc
→receive She was unsure of her reception after everything that had happened.a warm/good/enthusiastic reception The delegates gave him a warm reception .a hostile/cool/frosty reception His ideas met with a hostile reception.receive/have/get/meet with a ... reception He got a great reception from the crowd. The plans received a mixed reception from unions (=some people liked it, others did not) .【HOTEL/OFFICE】[U]a)
the desk or office where visitors arriving in a hotel or large organization go first Please leave your key at the reception desk . I asked the man at reception.b)BrE
the area around or in front of this desk or office
= lobby I'll wait for you in reception. the reception area【PARTY】[C]
a large formal party to celebrate an event or to welcome someone It's an ideal location for a wedding reception . The occasion was marked by a civic reception .【SIGNALS】[U]
the act of receiving radio, television, or other signals, or the quality of signals you receive listeners complaining about poor reception【FOOTBALL】[C]
the act of catching the ball in American football
1. Their daughter´s wedding reception was sheer ostentation. 他们女儿大办婚事纯然是为了炫耀.
2. The bridal suite was prepared for the reception of the honeymooners. 新婚套间已准备好以接待度蜜月的人.
3. Recently, one of Jeremy´s closest friends asked him to make a speech at a wedding reception. 最近，杰里米的一个最亲密的朋友请他在一个婚礼上祝词。
4. It contains not only the famous five-thousand-seat banqueting hall, and twenty odd reception rooms each as big as normal ballroom, but the Great Hall itself. 它不仅具有一个五千座位的著名的宴会厅，二十多个像普通舞厅大小的会客厅，而且还有一个大会堂。
5. Indians now put flowers around Bill Gates' neck and offer him the kind of reception once offered only to the Queen. 印度人现在把鲜花挂在了比尔·盖茨的脖子上，而且还把过去只献给英国女王的盛大欢迎献给了比尔·盖茨。