名词复数:parties 动词过去式:partied 过去分词:partied 现在分词:partying 第三人称单数:parties
1 [C] (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) social gathering to which people are invited, esp in order to celebrate sth 社交集会; （尤指）庆祝会, 纪念会
*a `birthday party 生日庆祝会
* a `dinner party 宴会
* a `garden party 游园会
* I'm giving/having/holding a party next Saturday night. 星期六我举行晚会.
* [attrib 作定语] a `party dress 宴会服.
2 [CGp] (used esp in compounds or attributively with ns 尤用以构成复合词或用以修饰名词) group of people working or travelling together （一起工作、同行的）群, 组, 团, 队
*a `search party 搜索组
* The Government set up a working party to look into the problem. 政府成立了工作组调查那个问题.
* a party of schoolchildren, tourists, etc 一群小学生、游客等.
3 [CGp] (used esp in compounds or attributively with ns 尤用以构成复合词或用以修饰名词) political organization with stated aims and policies that puts forward candidates in elections 党; 政党; 党派
*The main political parties in the United States are the Democrats and the Republicans. 美国的主要政党是民主党和共和党.
* She's a member of the `Communist Party. 她是共产党员.
* [attrib 作定语] the party `leader, `policy, mani`festo 党的领袖、政策、宣言
* party `interests, `funds, `members 党的利益、基金、成员
* the `party system, ie government based on political parties 政党制度（即政党统治）.
4 [C] (law 律) person or people forming one side in a legal agreement or dispute （契约或争论中的）一方, 当事人
*the guilty party, ie the person who is to blame for sth 有罪过的一方
* Is this solution acceptable to all parties concerned? 这个解决办法有关各方是否都能接受?
5 [C] (dated infml 旧, 口) person 人.
6 (idm 习语) be
(a) party to sth participate in, knowabout or support (an action, a plan, etc) 参与、了解或支持（某行动、计画等）
*be party to an agreement, a crime, a decision 参与协议、犯罪活动、决定
* They refused to be party to any violence. 他们拒不参加任何暴力活动.
The Dominica Freedom Party is a conservative political party in Dominica.
1. Everyone in the party was attracted by the imposing elderly lady. 晚会上的所有人都被那个仪态雍容的老妇人所吸引。
2. B: That´s right. It was the Party that got the workers organized and made them feel their own strength. B：是啊。是党把工人们组织起来，才使他们感受到了自己的力量。
3. B. Yes, that´s one of the finest things about the book — it shows how young intellectuals grow into determined Communists through the Party´s education and the struggles they take part in. B． 是的，这就是这本书最好的一点——它展示了年轻的知识分子是怎样通过党的教育和他们所参与的斗争而成长为意志坚定的共产主义者的。
4. But there is no question that if either party insists on bringing in a so-called "neutral" third party (usually some representative of the state or legal profession), not only will the process take longer, in many instances it will be more 可是毫无疑问，如果任何一方坚持要有所谓 "中立"的第三方（通常是政府代表或者职业律师）介入，那不但会拖长决策过程，而且在很多时候，决策还会更加武断、更加不人道。
5. We cancelled the party because I was ill. 我们取消了那次聚会，因为我病了。
6. Would you like to go to a party to dance? 你想不想参加派对跳舞?
7. Would you like to go to a party to dance? 你想不想参加派对跳舞?
8. While Sussman was neat and serious about studying, his roommate was messy and liked to party into the early hours of the morning. "萨斯曼喜欢整洁，学习认真，而他的室友却邋里邋遢，而且喜欢通宵聚会直至凌晨。
9. There will be a party in this ballroom. 这个大听里将有一个聚会。
10. The Party Central Committee is leading us on the new long march. 党中央正在领导我们进行新的长征。