adj [attrib 作定语] done, said or occurring again and again 反复做的; 反复说的; 反复发生的
*repeated blows, warnings, accidents 多次的打击、警告、事故. repeatedly adv again and again 一再; 多次; 反复地
*He begged her repeatedly to stop. 他一再求她停下来.
adj [only before noun]
done or happening again and again
repeated calls for change
repeated attempts to kill him
1. The shop assistant looked puzzled and Harry repeated the word, slowly stressing each syllable. 店员露出诧异的神色。哈里又慢慢地，一字一顿说了一遍这个词，
2. This picture of a policeman's lot could be repeated in many other parts of Britain, yet the police themselves still oppose more widespread arming of their officers. 警察的这种遭遇也发生在英国其他地方。不过警察当局本身仍反对扩大为警员配备武器的范围。
3. His repeated absence (from school) is worrying. 他一再缺课使人担忧.
4. He hit her after repeated provocations. 她一次次招惹他, 他就打了她.
5. Her cards usually have elaborate border designs comprised of repeated images: hearts, flowers, peaches, and teapots, for example. 她的贺卡通常有精巧的花边图案，常重复使用这样一些形象，如心、花、桃子或茶壶等。
6. A situation repeated across the continent. 这种现象在非洲大陆随处可见。
7. As the cry was repeated several times, she ran to tell the manager who promptly rang up the fire brigade. 由于这种喊叫声重复了几次，她跑去报告经理，经理当即给消防队挂了电话。
8. ´I´m having breakfast,´ I repeated. "我正在吃早饭，"我又说了一遍。
9. "Where's your money? Where's your money?" he barked. Everything he said during our encounter was repeated; instinctively, I did the same. "你的钱呢？你的钱呢？"他吼道。在我们遭遇的过程中，他会重复自己说的每一句话；出于本能，我也同样重复着自己的话。
10. So by word of mouth the story was passed down generation to generation and, in my case, repeated for many summers running. 于是，这个故事就以口头的形式一代一代传了下来；到了我这一代，依然在每一年的夏天传颂着。