名词:resigner 动词过去式:resigned 过去分词:resigned 现在分词:resigning 第三人称单数:resigns
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (from sth) give up (one's job, position, etc) 放弃或辞去（工作、职位等）; 辞职
*The Minister resigned (from office). 那部长辞职了.
* She resigned her directorship and left the firm. 她放弃了董事职务, 离开了公司.
* resign (one's post) as chairman 辞去主席职务. Cf 参看 retire 1.
2 (phr v) resign oneself to sth/doing sth be ready to accept and endure sth as inevitable 听任; 顺从
*be resigned to one's fate 听天由命
* The team refused to resign themselves to defeat/to being defeated. 该队不甘失败.
v [I and T]
1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin:
resigner, from Latin
resignare 'to unseal, cancel, give back'
, from signare; SIGN2
to officially announce that you have decided to leave your job or an organization
→quitresign from She resigned from the government last week.resign as He resigned as Governor of Punjab in August.resign your post/seat/position etc Tom has since resigned his membership of the golf club.resign yourself to (doing) sth
to make yourself accept something that is bad but cannot be changed
→resigned Josh resigned himself to the long walk home. At sixteen, I resigned myself to the fact that I'd never be a dancer.
1. The scandal obliged the minister to resign. 这一丑闻迫使部长辞职。
2. They can reproduce naturally and resign themselves to the risk of passing on the disease to the child. 他们可以自然生育，但却要 冒着把疾病遗传给孩子的风险；
3. He was forced to resign because of his immoral conduct. 他因为不道德的行为被迫辞职.
4. After much cogitation I have decided to resign. 我经过再三考虑后决定辞职.
5. Rumor has it that the Defence Minister will soon resign. 谣传国防部长不久就要辞职。