动词过去式:throated 过去分词:throated 现在分词:throating 第三人称单数:throats
1 front part of the neck 颈（脖子的前面部分）
*grab sb by the throat 掐住某人的颈部.
2 passage in the neck through which food passes to the stomach and air passes to the lungs 咽; 咽头; 咽喉; 喉咙; 嗓子
*clear one's throat, ie by coughing, to remove phlegm or hoarseness 清清嗓子
* A fish bone has stuck in my throat. 一根鱼刺卡在我嗓子里了.
* The victim's throat had been cut. 遇害者喉咙被割断了. =>illus 见插图.
3 (idm 习语) cut one's own `throat (infml 口) act in such a way as to harm oneself or one's interests, by being foolish, stubborn, etc （因愚蠢、顽固等）做损害自己或自己利益的事, 卡自己的脖子. force, thrust, ram, etc sth down sb's `throat (infml 口) try to make sb accept or listen to (one's views, beliefs, etc) 勉强某人接受或听取（观点、信仰等）
*I do dislike having her extremist ideas rammed down my throat. 我十分厌恶她强加于我的那些偏激观念. have, etc a frog in one's throat => frog. have, etc a lump in one's/the throat => lump1. jump down sb's throat => jump2. lie in/through one's teeth/throat => lie1. stick in one's throat => stick2.
[Language: Old English;Origin:
the passage from the back of your mouth to the top of the tubes that go down to your lungs and stomach The singer complained of a sore throat after Wednesday's show.
the front of your neck She fingered the pearls at her throat.clear your throat
to make a noise in your throat, especially before you speak, or in order to get someone's attentionforce/ram/shove sth down sb's throatinformal
to force someone to accept or listen to your ideas and opinionsbe at each other's throats
if two people are at each other's throats, they are fighting or arguingcut your own throat
to behave in a way that is certain to harm you, especially because you are proud or angry
→a lump in/to sb's throatatlump1
→have a frog in your throatatfrog
→jump down sb's throatatjump1
→stick in sb's throatatstick1
1. They used to suffer for about 37 hours after surgery on average with a plastic tube as thick as a thumb running through their mouth or nose and down 11 inches of their throat. 过去，手术后病人平均要疼大约37个小时，一根拇指粗细的塑料导管经口腔或鼻腔插入喉咙，深至11英寸。
2. The tube assists breathing, but patients say it feels like a fire running through their throat and hurts more than having their chest cut open. 导管帮助病人呼吸，但病人说感觉它就像一把火烧过喉咙，比开胸还难受。
3. After three weeks he was still completely unconscious, and the tube caused him to have a constant, painful sore throat ... 三周后，他依旧昏迷不醒，而导管使他的喉咙经常疼痛。
4. As a result, the poor man continued on for nearly three more months with a painful throat and frequent bleeding caused by sores in the mouth. 结果，可怜的老人又多活了近三个月，喉咙依然疼痛不已，嘴里也因灼痛而经常出血。
5. A lump formed in my throat. 我不禁哽咽了。
6. She muffled her throat in a warm scarf not to catch a cold . 她用一温暖的围巾围起脖子，以免感冒。
7. I have something stuck in my throat. 我有什么东西刺入了我的喉内。