1 [U, C] mass of cells forming the body of an animal or a plant （动植物的）组织
*muscular, nervous, connective, etc tissue 肌肉、神经、结缔等组织
* The tissues have been destroyed and a scar has formed. 那些组织受到破坏, 结了疤.
2 [C] piece of soft absorbent paper that is thrown away after use (as a handkerchief, etc) （用作手帕等的）纸巾
*a box of tissues 一盒纸巾
* `face/`facial tissues, ie for removing make-up, etc 面纸巾（用以清除脸部化妆物等的）.
3 (also `tissue-paper) [U] very thin soft paper used for wrapping and packing things （包装物品用的）薄纸, 绵纸.
4 [C, U] (any type of) fine thin woven fabric （任何种类的）薄织物.
5 [C] ~ (of sth) (fig 比喻) connected or interwoven series （相关的或交织的）一套, 一系列
*His story is a tissue of lies. 他的话是一派谎言.
* the complex tissue of myth and fact 虚实交错的复杂情况.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin: tissu 'fine cloth', from tistre 'to weave', from Latin texere; TEXT]
a piece of soft thin paper, used especially for blowing your nose on
a box of tissues
light thin paper used for wrapping, packing etc
the material forming animal or plant cells
lung/brain etc tissue
a tissue of lies
BrE a story or account that is completely untrue
1. But the human body attacks and destroys tissue from other species. 但是人体会攻击并破坏来自其他物种的组织。
2. Human tissue is made up of cells. 人体的组织是由细胞构成的.
3. A layer of adipose tissue under the skin 皮下的一层脂肪组织.
4. She dabbed her eyes (with a tissue). 她（用纸巾）轻轻地按了按眼睛.
5. Cloning would increase the chances for a tissue match from 25 percent to nearly 100 percent. 克隆可以将组织适配率从25%提高到将近100%。