n.交通,通行,运输,贸易,交通量,交易,交往,通信量 vi.交易,买卖 vt.在...通行,用...作交换
名词:trafficker 动词过去式:trafficked 过去分词:trafficked 现在分词:trafficking 第三人称单数:traffics
1 vehicles moving along a road or street 往来于街道的车辆; 交通
*heavy/light traffic 往来车辆很多[不多]
* There's usually a lot of traffic at this time of day. 每天在这段时间往来车辆都很多.
* Traffic was brought to a standstill by the accident. 出了事故以後, 交通陷于停顿.
* London-bound traffic is being diverted via Slough. 开往伦敦的车辆现绕道经过斯劳.
* [attrib 作定语] a traffic accident 交通事故.2 movement of ships or aircraft along a route （船只或飞机沿航线的）航行
*cross-channel traffic, ie ships crossing the English Channel 横渡英吉利海峡的船只
* [attrib 作定语] a threatened strike by air-traffic controllers 航空调度员扬言要进行的罢工.
3 number of people or amount of goods moved from one place to another by road, rail, sea or air （公路、铁路、海上或空中人员或货物的）流量
*an increase in freight/goods/passenger traffic货运[货运/客运]量的增加
* the profitable North Atlantictraffic 有利可图的北大西洋运输业务.
4 ~ (in sth) illegal or immoral trading 非法的或不道德的买卖
*the traffic in drugs/arms/stolen goods 毒品[武器/赃物]的非法交易
* the ,white `slave traffic 将妇女卖为娼妓的勾当.
v (-ck-) [I, Ipr] ~ (in sth) trade, esp illegally or immorally 买卖（尤指在非法的或不道德的事物方面）
*drug trafficking 毒品买卖
* He trafficked in illicit liquor. 他做过买卖私酒的生意.
1. This is the place where the three main arteries of West London traffic meet. 这是伦敦西区三条主要干线汇合的地方。
2. The concurrent political rallies caused a traffic jam. 同时举行的政治集会引起了交通堵塞。
3. These lights flickered continuously like traffic lights which have gone mad. 这些灯光象失灵的交通灯一样不断闪烁着。
4. The greater part of the journey is spend on narrow, bumpy roads which are crowded with traffic. 大部分旅程常常要消靡在狭窄、坎坷不平而且车辆拥挤的道路上。
5. There was a traffic jam so my bus was delayed. 有个交通阻塞事件,所以我搭的公共汽车被耽搁了.
6. The motorist stopped his car at the traffic lights. 汽车司机在交通指挥灯前停下了车。
7. Traffic police are sometimes very polite. 交通警察有时很有礼貌。
8. The traffic accident happened on his way home. 交通事故发生在他回家的路上。
9. The traffic accident is really a tragedy. 这次车祸真是个悲剧。
10. These lights flickered continuously like traffic lights which have gone mad. 灯泡一刻不停的闪烁着，就像失去了控制的红绿灯。