adv (with adjs and advs 与形容词和副词连用) to a very high degree 极端; 极其; 非常
*That's extremely interesting. 那极为有趣.
* I'm extremely sorry for the delay. 对此延误, 我深感抱歉.
adv [+ adjective/adverb]
to a very great degree
Earthquakes are extremely difficult to predict.
I'm extremely sorry to have troubled you.
1. Everybody around me was smoking and I felt extremely uncomfortable. 我周围的每个人都在吸烟，我感到非常不自在。
2. But I was extremely pleased with myself. 但我却非常高兴，
3. It is extremely difficult to estimate the true value of the services which people perform for us. 但要估算别人为我们为所提供的服务的价值却是极其困难的。
4. When I had gone through this work I was extremely delighted with it. 这项工程完成后，我对它特别满意。
5. Though we may enjoy reading about the lives of others, it is extremely doubtful whether we would equally enjoy reading about ourselves. 我们都喜欢看关于别人生活的报道，但是否同样喜欢看关于自己生活的报道，就很难说了。
6. Though my aunt pursued what was, in those days, an enlightened policy, in that she never allowed her domestic staff to work more than eight hours a day, she was extremely difficult to please. 姑妈待佣人在当时算是开明的，从来不让佣人每天工作超过8小时，但他们很难使她称心如意。
7. No one could account for the fact that one of the boxes was extremely heavy. 谁也不能解释为什么其中一个箱子特别沉重，
8. No one could account for the fact that one of the boxes was extremely heavy. 其中有只箱子特别重，可谁也弄不清是怎么回事。
9. He found this adventitious meeting with his friend extremely fortunate. 他觉得这次与他朋友偶然相遇是极其幸运的。
10. Her behavior is extremely childish. 她的行为极为愚蠢。