名词:identifier 动词过去式:identified 过去分词:identified 现在分词:identifying 第三人称单数:identifies 副词:identifiably 形容词:identifiable
v (pt, pp -fied)
1 [Tn, Cn.n/a] ~ sb/sth as sb/sth show, prove, etc who or what sb/sth is; recognize sb/sth (as being the specified person or thing) 确认、证明某人[某事物]; 鉴别出（系某人或某物）
*Can you identify your umbrella among this lot? 你能在这些伞中认出你自己的那一把吗?
* She identified the man as her attacker. 她认出那个男人就是袭击过她的人.
2 [Tn.pr] ~ sth with sth consider sth to be identical with sth; equate two things 认为某事物与另事物等同
*One cannot identify happiness with wealth. 幸福和财富不能混为一谈.
3 (phr v) identify (oneself) with sb/sth give support to sb/sth; be associated with sb/sth 支持某人[某事物]; 与某人[某事物]有关联
*He refused to identify himself/become identified with the new political party. 他拒绝与那个新政党来往. identify with sb regard oneself as sharing the characteristics or fortunes of sb; take sb as a model 与某人认同; 以某人为模式
*I found it hard to identify with any of the characters in the film. 我对这部影片里的任何角色都难以认同.
v past tense and past participleidentifiedpresent participleidentifyingthird person singularidentifies [T]
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: Late Latin;Origin: identificare, from Latin idem; IDENTITY]
to recognize and correctly name someone or something
He was too far away to be able to identify faces.
The police took fingerprints and identified the body .
identify sb/sth as sb/sth
Eye witnesses identified the gunman as an army sergeant.
The aircraft were identified as American.
to recognize something or discover exactly what it is, what its nature or origin is etc
Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.
They identified a number of problem areas.
if a particular thing identifies someone or something, it makes them easy to recognize
identify sb as sb
His accent identified him as a Frenchman.
identify withphr v
identify with sb/sth
to feel sympathy with someone or be able to share their feelings
Humans can easily identify with the emotional expressions of chimpanzees.
He identified with our distress and despair.
identify sb with sth
to think that someone is very closely related to or involved with something such as a political group
She has always been identified with the radical left.
identify sth with sb/sth
to think that something is the same as, or closely related to, something else
the attempt to identify crime with poverty and social problems
1. Every generation seems to need to identify itself." 好像每一代人都要找到自己的本色。"
2. He wasn't stupid. I've seen enough criminal trials to know victims of armed attacks are seldom able to identify their offenders because their attention focuses on the guns, rather than on their users. 他并不蠢。我看过许多刑事审判，因而知道在那些武装袭击的受害者中，很少有人能够辨认出袭击他们的人，因为他们的注意力全集中在枪上，而没有放在持枪人上。
3. ´So long as there´s something to identify, we will give people their money back,´ said a spokeswoman for the Bank. "只要有东西可供识别，我们会把钱还给人家的，"银行的一位女发言人说。
4. In a nearby class, eight children, each about 3, sat politely in little chairs in a row as a teacher held up pictures of a kite and other objects, calling on the students to identify them. 在旁边的一个班上，有八个年约3岁的孩子，乖乖地坐在一排小椅子里。老师一边拿着风筝以及其他物体的图片，一边叫他们辨认。"