adj of, done with or controlled by the hands 手的; 手工的; 手制的; 手控的
*Making small models requires manual skill. 制作小模型要手巧.
* manual labour 体力劳动
* a manual gear-box, ie one operated by the hand with a gear-lever, not automatically 手动变速箱. Cf 参看 mechanical 1.
1 book containing information or practical instructions (on a given subject) 手册; 指南
*a training manual 训练手册
* A workshop manual gives diagrams and instructions for repairing your car. 维修手册可向您提供修理汽车所需的图表和说明. Cf 参看 handbook (hand1).
2 keyboard of an organ, played with the hands （风琴的）键盘
*a two-manual organ 双键盘风琴.
1. With the combination of intelligence and manual skill (allowing us to make and use tools), people have found ways to use plant and animal resources, mineral ores, fuels, and many other of Earth's materials and resources. 由于智力与手工技能的结合（使得人类能够制造和使用工具），人们已经发现了诸多利用地球动植物资源、矿产资源、燃料和许多其他物产和资源的方法。
2. The duke´s son demeaned himself by doing manual labor with his servants . 公爵的儿子降低自己的身份和佣人一起做工。
3. These days, people who DO manual work often receive far more money than clerks who work in offices. 现在,从事体力老动的人常常比办公室办事员收入优厚得多.
4. These days, people who do manual work often receive far more money than people who work in offices. 如今，从事体力劳动的人的收入一般要比坐办公室的人高出许多。
5. The model is Karl Friedrich Gauss, supposedly born into a family of manual workers, who grew up to become the father of modern mathematics. 卡尔·弗里德里克·高斯就是一个典型，据说他出身在一个体力劳动者家庭，后来却成了现代数学之父。
6. His father had supervised manual workers, not been one, and played calculation games with him. 他的父亲是个体力工种的监工，本人不是工人，并常和高斯玩计算游戏。
7. Dealer: Fine. And did you want an automatic or a manual transmission? 商人：好，还有你是要自动的还是用手操作的传动系统。
8. It is no use offering the manual labourer, tired out with a hard week´s sweat and effort, the chance of playing a game of football or baseball on Saturday afternoon. 对于流汗出力干了一周苦活的体力劳动者来说，让他们在星期六下午再踢足球或打垒球是不合适的；