1 in accordance with what is typical, usual or regular 正常的; 常态的; 正规的
*the normal time, place, method, position 通常的时间、地点、方法、位置
* normal behaviour, thinking, views 正确的行为、思想、观点
* in the normal course of events 在事情的一般发展过程中
* the normal temperature of the human body 人体的正常温度
* Weeping is a normal response to pain. 哭泣是痛苦的正常反应.
2 free from mental or emotional disorder 心理正常的; 精神健全的
*People who commit crimes like that aren't normal. 犯这种罪的人心理都不正常. Cf 参看 abnormal.
n [U] usual state, level, standard, etc 常态; 正常; 标准
*Her temperature is above/below normal. 她的体温高于[低于]正常标准.
* Things have returned to normal. 事情已恢复常态.
1. But a cloned child born to such suspect parents stands no greater or lesser chance of being loved, or rejected, than a child created the normal way. 但是，和一个正常生育的孩子相比，被心存疑虑的父母所克隆的孩子，被关爱或被抛弃的机会却是完全一样的。
2. The man was ordered to pay $345 for the cost of the trip. The normal price of a ticket is $230! 他被罚付三百四十五英镑作为旅费. 而正常的票价则是二百三十英镑！
3. The man was ordered to pay $3,500 for the cost of the trip. The normal price of a ticket is $2,000! 此人被责令交付旅费3,500英镑，而正常票价是2,000英镑！
4. Normal people tend to forget this process unless and until they are reminded of it. 衰老的过程，不经提起，正常人容易忘记；一经提醒，才会记起。
5. "But the new exercisers who followed their normal diet showed a decrease in iron levels." 但突然参加锻炼却仍沿用原来的食谱的人，则显示出铁离子含量的降低。"
6. My wife was delighted that things had returned to normal once more. 一切又都恢复了正常，为此我妻子十分高兴。
7. Martin Seligman of the University of Pennsylvania advised the Metlife insurance company to hire a special group of job applicants who tested high on optimism, although they had failed the normal aptitude (才能) test. 宾夕法尼亚大学的马丁·塞利格曼建议梅特莱夫保险公司雇用一批特别的求职者，他们经测试证实有很乐观的心态，虽然在一般能力测验上不及格。
8. Certainly, they hazard their jobs by working normal hours. 他们只在正常时间内工作就肯定是在拿自己的饭碗冒险。
9. On Friday of that week things were back to normal. 那周的星期五情况又恢复正常了。
10. Who has normal vision but who can also perceive things with different parts of her skin, and through solid walls. 她的视力与常人一样，但她还能用皮肤的不同部位辨认东西，甚至看穿坚实的墙壁。