动词过去式:occurred 过去分词:occurred 现在分词:occurring 第三人称单数:occurs
cur＝to run（流；跑） 变化型 course
1 (a) [I] come into being as an event or a process; happen 发生
*When did the accident occur? 事故是什么时候发生的?
* Death occurred about midnight, the doctor says. 医生说大约是在半夜死的.
(b) [I, Ipr] (fml 文) exist; be found 存在; 被发现
*Misprints occur on every page. 每页都有印刷错误.
* The disease occurs most frequently in rural areas. 那疾病多见于农村地区. =>Usage at happen 用法见happen.
2 [Ipr] ~ to sb come into (a person's mind) 想到; 想起
*An idea has occurred to me. 我有主意了.
* Did it ever occur to you that...? ie Did you ever think that...? 你可曾想到...?
* It never occurred to her to ask anyone. 她从未想到问问他人.
v past tense and past participleoccurredpresent participleoccurring [I]formal
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin: occurrere, from currere 'to run']
A third of accidental deaths occur in the home.
The explosion occurred at 5.30 a.m.
[always + adverb/preposition]
to happen or exist in a particular place or situation
occur in/among etc
Whooping cough occurs mainly in young children.
The highest rates of unemployment occur in the inner urban areas.
occur to [occur to sb] phr v
if an idea or thought occurs to you, it suddenly comes into your mind
it occurs to sb to do sth
I suppose it didn't occur to you to phone the police?
It never seems to occur to my children to contact me.
it occurs to sb (that)
It had never occurred to him that he might be falling in love with her.
1. When did the accident occur? 事故是什么时候发生的?
2. The truth is that when mistakes occur, they are more likely to be ours than theirs. 事实上，差错很可能是我们自己，而不是铁路当局的。
3. This is culture shock. Evidently, at least four essential stages of culture-shock adjustment occur. 这就是文化冲击。很明显，在人们适应文化冲击的过程中至少会出现四个主要阶段。
4. That means as many as 400,000 new cases of AIDS could occur in the next few years — more than doubling the present total. 这就意味着在之后几年里会有多达40万个新的艾滋病病例--这是目前艾滋病病例的两倍多。
5. This boost in reaction time after exercise training may occur because declines associated with getting old could actually stem from declines in physical condition. 接受运动训练之后，人的反应速度会加快，这可能是因为与衰老有关的机能衰退实际上根源于体质下降。
6. The few remaining working lines will be busy with the calls that naturally occur after a disaster and it will be difficult to call from one part of the city to another. 剩下的为数不多的可用线路会很忙，因为灾难之后自然会有许多电话，要从市里的一个地方打到另一个地方会很困难。
7. The realization hit me that I can expect this kind of personal contact with death to occur with greater and greater frequency. 我顿时意识到我与死亡的接触会越来越频繁。
8. Gut feelings can occur without a person being consciously aware of them. 有时人们产生了直觉却没有意识到。
9. "Of course," said the umbrella-man ― "that is ― well, you know how these mistakes occur ― I ― if it´s your umbrella I hope you´ll excuse me ― I picked it up this morning in a restaurant — If you recognize it as yours, why ― I hope you&acu “当然，”伞主人说道，“是这么回事，你知道有时候会发生这种误会……我……这要是你的伞，希望你能原谅我……今天早上我在一家餐馆里捡到的……要是你认出来这把伞是你的……呃……我希望你……”
10. Of course, all ideas don't occur like that but so many do, particularly the most important ones. 当然，并非所有的思想都是这样产生的，但许多思想的产生确实如此，尤其是那些最为重要的思想。