1 (a) [sing or pl v] political affairs or life 政治事务; 政治生活; 政治活动
*party politics 政党政治
* local politics 地方上的政治活动
* He's thinking of going into politics, eg trying to become a Member of Parliament. 他正打算参政（如争取当下院议员）.
(b) [pl] political views, beliefs 政治观点; 政治信仰
*What are your politics? 你的政见如何?
(c) [sing v] (derog 贬) rivalry between political parties 政党之间的斗争
*They're not concerned with welfare
*it's all politics! 他们并非关心福利问题, 完全是党同伐异.
2 [sing v] = political science (political)
*She's reading politics at university. 她在大学里攻读政治学.
3 [sing v] (derog 贬) manoeuvring for power or advantage within a group or organization 权术; 勾心斗角
*office politics 公务上的争权夺利
* church politics 教会的明争暗斗.
1500-1600; Language: Greek;Origin:
politika (plural), from politikos; POLITIC
] [U also + plural verb British English]
ideas and activities relating to gaining and using power in a country, city etc
, politician politician a good understanding of politics in China modern American politics Politics have always interested Anita.national/local etc politics Brooke's been involved in city politics since college. The president should stand above party politics (=working only for your politicalparty) .[U]
the profession of being a politician Flynn retired from politics in 1986. Her father's trying to enter politics . Smith went into politics in his early twenties. [plural]
the activities of people who are concerned with gaining personal advantage within a group, organization etc I'm tired of dealing with all of the office politics . Her art examines sexual politics (=how power is shared between men and women) .politics of the politics of race and class at American universities [plural]
someone's political beliefs and opinions I assume her politics must be fairly conservative.[U]especially BrE
the study of political power and systems of government
= political science Tom is studying for a degree in politics.
1. But after independence, leaders jealous to protect their power shut them out of politics, 但是独立之后，领导者们惟恐失去自己的权力，将妇女排斥在政界之外。
2. He is apathetic about politics. 他对政治很冷漠。
3. Are you interested in politics? 你对政治有兴趣吗?
4. She actively participates in local politics. 她积极参与本地政治活动.
5. Ms. Mbogo launched her dream of a career in politics in 1992 by running for the Embu Council, facing the obstacles that often trouble African women running for political office. 1992年，姆波戈女士开始追寻她的从政梦想，她竞选了恩布市议员。像其他打算从政的非洲妇女一样，她面对着很多障碍：
6. Idealism has no place in modern politics. 在当代政治生活中, 理想主义根本行不通.
7. It´s time to take politics out of the hands of the plutocrats of the Right and the woolly-minded idealists of the Left. 该是从右派财阀和头脑朦胧的左派理想家的手中把政治夺过来的恰当的时候了.
8. In his recent book Earth Politics, Ernst Ulrich von Weizsacker wrote that "perhaps 90 percent of the destruction of animal and plant species, soil erosion, forest destruction and creation of deserts is taking place in developing countries." 在其新作《地球政治学》一书中，厄恩斯特·乌尔里克·冯·魏茨泽克写道："动植物物种灭绝，土壤受侵蚀，森林被毁，沙漠产生，在这些破坏中，也许有90%正发生在发展中国家。"